The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Praying for a KOC. If she is like the rest of us, it will probably be difficult for her to follow the Doc's timeline for a full recovery. I remember seeing her walking cross country with some students, just after she had broken her collar bone. She is one tough lady!

I hope that she heals well and can get back in the tack soon.
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

Best wishes for a speedy and smooth recovery!!

Quote Originally Posted by retreadeventer View Post
    Giving this a bump...I read on EN that I think they said she has to be quiet and sit still for a couple weeks....Karen, this is my plea -- write a book.
    While I'm sure she could write a bang up book of How-To's and reminiscences, I think Karen would be more suited to writing a screenplay...with some expert guidance.

Wouldn't that be great? There was at least one screenwriter around a few years ago. Imagine the visuals? The drama? The GOOD it would do for the sport?
    Sportponies Unlimited
    Athletic Thoroughbred crosses for the highly motivated, smaller rider.

Quote Originally Posted by pwynnnorman View Post
    While I'm sure she could write a bang up book of How-To's and reminiscences, I think Karen would be more suited to writing a screenplay...with some expert guidance.

Wouldn't that be great? There was at least one screenwriter around a few years ago. Imagine the visuals? The drama? The GOOD it would do for the sport?
    Man, that could be an interesting project. Though I don't think I count as an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by pwynnnorman View Post
    Writing screenplays is hard work. There's form as well as function and it tends to be a tedious process with loads of outlining and blocking scenes. I wouldn't wish it on anyone who doesn't have a contract signed and paycheck waiting.

But OTOH, being immobilized might be one way to get oneself to read Syd Field. (Never bothered with it myself.)

Quote Originally Posted by JER View Post
    Writing screenplays is hard work. There's form as well as function and it tends to be a tedious process with loads of outlining and blocking scenes. I wouldn't wish it on anyone who doesn't have a contract signed and paycheck waiting.

But OTOH, being immobilized might be one way to get oneself to read Syd Field. (Never bothered with it myself.)

The INDEX CARDS, OMG, THE INDEX CARDS.

(My one screenwriting prof loved those things. LOVED. And felt that index cards stuck to a wall in your house with poster-tack was a perfectly acceptable form of home decorating, reportedly.)

I'm a Show Jumper but grew up with Eventing parents, so I've been to and ridden in some three-days as a kid. Anyway, I keep up with all news in most disciplines cause I'm a horse nut
    So, that being said.. here is Chris Stafford who interviewed Karen the other day. She talks about how her recovery is going. I didn't realize that she has 2 rods in, about 12 inches long! Jingles for Karen's recovery.

http://chrisstafford.podbean.com/201...m_medium=email
    Life is short, ride the best horse first.

Oh, bless her heart! Recovering from surgery is no fun at all.

So glad she has good freinds and family to help her through.

What a tough lady, no self pity, only hope for the future. Continued best wishes from Colorado!