The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Standardbred orgs like 2nd Chance in CA

Was looking at the standies on the website for Second Chance in Ontario (Canada) and wondered if there was anything like it on the west coast. CA still has racing, yes?
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

According to the USTA there are two in CA. You can see the whole list here http://standardbreds.ustrotting.com/adoption.cfm
    Member of the Standardbreds with Saddles Clique!

Default TROTR

I helped a friend place a standardbred mare to the organization called TROTR from Washington State. It went well but I am still trying to get a picture update. I only asked once and I know this is a small organization so I am not worried. I just contacted her again but from the pics on the page (I know anyone can put any kind of pictures on a webpage), it looks like the big dark horse in the middle right is the mare but I am not absolute). She was a hussy with her inexperienced owner, Shannon said they were using her in lessons last I talked with her.
    "I have brought on the hatred of Wall Street and I relish it".
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Calamber View Post
    I helped a friend place a standardbred mare to the organization called TROTR from Washington State. It went well but I am still trying to get a picture update. I only asked once and I know this is a small organization so I am not worried. I just contacted her again but from the pics on the page (I know anyone can put any kind of pictures on a webpage), it looks like the big dark horse in the middle right is the mare but I am not absolute). She was a hussy with her inexperienced owner, Shannon said they were using her in lessons last I talked with her.
    I googled for info, but can't find anything. Do you have any other contact?
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

I found the link in the list that Cripplecreek provided http://www.trotr.org/. Shannon also responded to me right away, in a day, and told me they still have Kit Kat and she would send photos. She apologized because she said this kind of followup is where they are the weakest. I totally understand because they are a small organization. I reread my message and noticed it sounded like the mare went to TROTR in Washington State, that is not correct, it is the one in California. They do not have a list posted of horses available.

Are you specifically looking at rescues only because there is a mare that was, I think, adopted from a local organization or individual who is looking for a new home. I have met this mare, and she is a big girl, 13 years old reg. SB with papers, 17 hands and a real sweetie pie. If you are interested, pm me.
    "I have brought on the hatred of Wall Street and I relish it".
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt