The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free Lease--Part-Trakehner Mare, Maine

6 year old Trakehner/ArabX mare, 4 months of professional training. This is a bold, smart, and talented, and versatile mare. This is the horse I should have had 20 or 30 years ago, but I don't ride anymore. I'm willing to free lease her long-term to the right home, somewhere she'll be trained and used. Magic is happiest when she's in work. She loves to jump, is talented in dressage, and her boldness would take her onto cross country courses easily. The economy is awful, and rather than have her hanging around the pasture unused, and me wondering if I can provide enough feed to keep her, I'd love to place her somewhere where she'll be loved and appreciated.

I'd consider placing her outside of New England, to the right person. Photos provided upon request.
    Joy Metcalf
    Crooked Shade Farm, Maine

How big is she? any pics?
    thanks
    Roz
    My Answered Prayers**Daisy
    Willing to Please - Hero 5/10/87-7/14/09 My Life will never be the same

I know someone on Martha's Vineyard who may be interested depending on height. My friend is 5'9 and leggy. Excellent rider, mostly interested in dressage. Experienced horse owner, horse will be kept at home in nice barn on her family farm/compound. Can give you excellent personal references.

You can see her and her old horse on her website:

doubledjackrussells.com
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

OMG, Kryswyn - small hijack, but I want to be a JRT living on your friend's place in the Vineyard! Those photos are so flippin' cute! If she can take that lovely Arab colt, I have no doubt he'd lead a most happy life (if not slightly irritated by carousing terriers!).

(Full disclosure: proud owner of two geriatric JRT shorties)

Quote Originally Posted by Kryswyn View Post
    I know someone on Martha's Vineyard who may be interested depending on height. My friend is 5'9 and leggy. Excellent rider, mostly interested in dressage. Experienced horse owner, horse will be kept at home in nice barn on her family farm/compound. Can give you excellent personal references.

You can see her and her old horse on her website:

doubledjackrussells.com
    Magic is 15:3 hh last time we measured her, but she is wide bodied, and I've found that's more important than height. Video can be seen on YouTube by searching for Pyxylated Magic. I can send photos. Email me (best way to reach me since I don't get on this forum very often) at rosawoodsii at bluestreakme.com
    Last edited by rosawood; Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:04 AM.
    Joy Metcalf

Bump
    Joy Metcalf