The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free lease, Sound grey TB gelding, Central VA

I have a gorgeous, SOUND, 17h dappled grey TB gelding for free lease. I just dont have the time or money to ride/show right now, and he loves having a job.

Brutus is 8 years old, and was shown in the hunters before I got him 1.5 years ago. Last year, we showed a few times locally and did very well. He is a lovely mover, and always does well in the hack. He has great conformation and a beautiful head.

He is a bit out of shape right now. I got on him the other day, (he hadnt been ridden in over a month) and he went beautifully wtc on the buckle, then we worked on some collected work, which he was happy to do. He was not fresh or distracted, despite the new cool weather!

He's a pretty easy keeper. He's happy to live out 24/7, or be stalled. I would prefer he have ample turnout with other horses. He currently gets no grain. He wears front shoes and is great for the farrier. He is UTD on shots, feet, coggins and teeth.

His only vices are that he isnt perfect about loading (chain over the nose generally works), and he doesnt like to hack out alone. He has been trail ridden here with other horses, and crosses creeks, walks over our fake bridge, etc.

Pics can be found on my fb page:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=3&theater

I would prefer he stay somewhat close by--I am located about 20 miles east of Charlottesville.
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

Bump. This is a VERY nice horse. I bought him from another COTHer who has very good taste in horses. He has hunted first flight in Middleburg, so could also do that.

I know this horse very well (AliCat518 bought him from me). He also goes sidesaddle. He is VERY sound, and very solid in build. Here are some additional pictures of him: http://cherryblossomfarm.net/Jeffrey.html.

Anyone can feel free to contact me with any questions regarding his history.
    Cherry Blossom Farm - Show & Field Hunters, Side Saddles

SSR, that's funny, when I read this earlier I almost PM'd the OP and recommended she contact you.

He looks like a really nice guy.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Default Jeffrey

I have contacted her about him, I would love to buy him, just trying to understand why he is being sold, I also ride sidesaddle ! What a great group of ladies !

PM for my phone #

Thanks Devon! I was actually about to facebook you when I saw this. I'm SO sad to be offering him as a free lease, but I just cant afford two horses right now. I appreciate your offer to chat with potential new homes.

I am very interested, located in Southern Maryland (about an hour North of Richmond). He would have an excellent home, p.m. me and we can chat!

Not too far from the center of the political universe

Default Is Brutus still available?

Please advise and thanks!