The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Stuck in the saddle custom half chaps????

Has anyone heard of or done business with them? Their prices seem really reasonable and I could reeeeeally use a new pair, but I would like to do a little research first....

http://stuckinthesaddle.com/half-chaps/

Bumping this, as I just happened across the site, and they look fun!! Any comments on quality, experience, etc?

Did you look at the Gallery?
    some nice half chaps but the on-horse photos show a very non-fitted product - of course this may just be that the model & the half chap weren't well matched but seems a bit odd that the manufacturer chose these as representative photos ...

I checked out the gallery, but couldn't tell a ton from the pictures - I definitely agree they chose less-than-ideal pictures, I don't care so much about how they look, but know from experience that "loose" half chaps can = pinching...not necessarily something I'd want to pay $140 for. But sometimes pictures can be deceiving! :-)

I'm not really in the market, but the designs look kind of fun, and she's only a couple hours away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by big_red_ottb View Post
    and she's only a couple hours away from me
    You are hereby nominated for the Reconnaissance Mission - should you choose to accept this mission ...

Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    You are hereby nominated for the Reconnaissance Mission - should you choose to accept this mission ...

I love it! I'll be heading down that way in a couple of weeks....I think I'll have to give her a call.

I had a pair of these half chaps and they were the best ever half chaps! They gave me more than 10 yrs of everyday use. They are still in great shape and I could still use them. (I had the zipper adjusted because they had stretched but the lady didn't do such a great job at it. I should have send them back to Larocque to have them repaired...maybe I still should do it...)

Larocque

They are a bit more expensive, but I got mine for less because they were only black.