The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Klene Pipe Structures and other portable barns

It looks like we FINALLY have secured ourselves a rental horse property after years of searching! Yeah!

The property has a large storage shed for hay/feed with an attached overhang for shelter. That's plenty good enough for my horses, although if possible, I would like to create some sort of stall set up.

I've been looking at Klene Pipe Structures for awhile now. I'm particularly interested in the Maverick Style Stall Barn Frame.

Does anyone have one? Would you recommend it? Have you ever tried to move it to a new property? Since we're renting, I would hate to put a lot of money and effort into something I can't take with me. Anyone have any other suggestions for temporary barn structures?
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

That link doesn't work for me, but if you have a temporary situation, portable stalls make sense.
    You can move or sell them if and when you have to move.

Here are some more of that type and you can also check with local companies, as some may make them nearby:

http://www.powderriver.com/files/Pro...20Packages.pdf

I had a friend with this system. By portable they mean that you can hire someone with a big tractor and drag it slowly from one end of the pasture to the other.

I think you could take it apart and move it but that would take some time. My friend got it put together but if you don't have experience assembling similar structures or reading detailed instructions it will take you some time.

It is a very solid well built structure.

Had a semi-custom 24 X 12 for a hay shed at my old place.
    Loved it.
    Would have taken it with me had the buyers of our old place not been horsepeople.
    Last edited by Ghazzu; Oct. 14, 2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: oops--had dimensiions off...
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

Here are some you can buy already made, or they can make any to your specifications, or buy the materials to make them, or take the pictures to your local welding shop and have them make it for you:

http://gobobpipe.com/horsesheds.htm

Read the caption under the picture with the shed from the back.

We have bought panels and pipe from them, they are some of the cheaper ones for good material.

Thanks for the info! I seem to be the consensus that I *could* take it with me, but it would be a huge pain.

Something like this is also interesting:

http://barns2go.com/product_info.php...roducts_id=429
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO