The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

am i missing it? can't see any link to video..
    MrB's attempt at talking like a horse person, "We'll be entering in the amateur hunter-gatherer division...."

Bits, OP added a link to the video in her post #1.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

thanks! thought there was some fast ninja editing going on that i missed!
    MrB's attempt at talking like a horse person, "We'll be entering in the amateur hunter-gatherer division...."

Palo - Where in CA are you located? I may be able to help. PM me.

Yeah, WHERE is this? I'm in CA, too. Who CARES if it's not "actionable." Get it on the news and let people SEE where they are buying these "cute" little puppies from breeders. Let's see if ANYONE with a heart or brain thinks it's OK to have that many dogs or any dog living in a cage all of the time or . . .

I'm in So Cal. I don't think the news would care, I mean it's not like there's a big rescue going on or anything.

Local news LOVES stuff like this, especially if you anonymously send the link, say you work there *use a new email with no info on you and agree to give more video and information. Tell them local authorities have been lazy or unwilling to help. Give specifics about dogs not getting vet care, dogs in filth etc. Local news will take the story, especially if there is video. Call the station and just ask which one of the reporters is an animal lover and then email them specifically.

HSUS does go in and rescue these dogs. They also came to Qc and did a huge rescue a couple of years ago. I know that locally the millers do have licenses... but you know what, the SPCA TELLS them when they are coming for an inspection... 20 days in advance. That gives them plenty of time to get rid of dogs, clean up their act. It's disgusting (great God loving mennonites operate the mills around here).
    I have transported many mill puppies and moms. They are so sad, so scared and take so long to rehab emotionally.
    Food and water is one thing, health and cleanliness are another though.
    Good luck. I hope you can make a difference and be nice to these dogs.

You're way south of me, but I agree with darkmoonlady. Call the news.

Default Don't do nothing

Agree about the news. Create a free gmail account so you can email all the small-time local news channels.

Next time there is an injury or ailment, and I'm sure next time will be quite soon, take photographs or videos. Call AC, USDA, & the news.

Please don't do nothing. All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing ~Edmund Burke

Wow, that was sad.

It may not be actionable but it sure isn't right.

Poor little things, each and every one of them want their own home and owner and family and that's what they get. The dachie with her pups just killed me.

I wholeheartedly agree with sending your footage to your news stations, local shelters, and even PETA and HSUS, etc. Anyone that has the means to do something to shut this place down. The dogs may be healthy but that's no kind of life to be that crowded in a small cage all the time in your own filth. Seeing how they just want to be loved is heartbreaking.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

Quote Originally Posted by Calamber View Post
    They will not do a thing with these dogs besides euthanize them. How is that going to help. I cannot believe that animal control gives an A rating to anyone or puts dogs in stacked kennels in filth. They likely never saw that part of the "facility", and I do not think it is legal in most places to have dogs in standing kennels in dirty conditions no matter how many or how few there are. Document that in particular and turn it over to animal control. First ask them if there is such a thing as an A rating from AC, I tend to doubt it as I have never heard of Animal Control rating kennels. The state veterinarian might be interested too, especially with the dirty conditions, the dog fight that caused a severe injury to a dog, no vet care, and the vaccination records of at least those dogs. Report that, be specific and record those conditions in that back kennel via a video. Then go to the state vet office.
    There are fates worse than death, I'm afraid, and this place sounds like one of them.
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

the whole puppy party/puppy mill- the news would be all over that....
    "I'm holding out for the $100,000 Crossrail Classic in 2012." --mem
    "With all due respect.. may I suggest you take up Croquet?" --belambi
    Proud Member of the Opinionated Redhead Club!

If your story is real then you need to out these people here and now. There are so many of us involved in the dog world in California that our resources and contacts are endless. Let's have their names and the address please. Then let's see what action can be taken.

After viewing that video I have a real problem believing that this is a state licensed and approved breeder . I think a little surprise visit by the authorities is in order. Followed by a news camera. Public out cry can be much more powerful than any state agency.

So if you are so concerned just give us the details and let us start making some waves here!

After 40 or 50 phone calls to the local news station don't you think that may get their attention? You already have video! Perhaps this would force them to clean up their act and take better care of the animals.
    Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!

These people have my address. And they're going to know it's me that called.

I already stopped by the animal control place and they said if they have a kennel license, it's totally legal. They saw the video and said, it's sad, but not illegal. They said I have to go to the county animal control office to find out if they have a kennel license. I"m sure they have one if they have a rating from animal control in the window. But I'll still stop by and ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by pal-o-mino View Post
    These people have my address. And they're going to know it's me that called.
    And, they'll fire you. But wouldn't you rather be working at Walgreens knowing that you shut the bastards down?
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

I don't care if they fire me. I don't want them coming over here slashing tires or any other thing they can think of.

Are they going to know its you by the video or some other way?
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Agree with this. Sounds like bad situation. Keep posting.

QUOTE=Simkie;6592509]I would think California would have the strictest laws about something like this. I would try to get photos and video and go to your local animal control and see if there's anything they can do.[/QUOTE]