The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking So proud of the boys (Second Call Horse Show @ NJ Horse Park) with pics!

Ok I have to brag...

I am so proud of my boys!!! We had a great time today at the NJ Horse Park. Now there were some "eventful" moments as 2 different EMT/Ambulance trips, and a motorcyclist was hit at the end of the driveway and a medi vac helicopter had to land up the hill on the xc course.

Through all of it the boys stayed calm and improved every round.

Lad managed to win a TIP Jumper class. And Petey managed to hold onto a solid placing in the 3rd class with a quick jump off to sit a mere 3 secs behind Lad. I also catch rode for one of my friends when she had to go to the ER. (FYI, testing gravity at shows is really a bad idea!!!! )

So all in all I rode 8 rounds and feel like we're more ready for the VA Tb Celebration in 2 weeks. Lad put to rest all doubts I have had about his readiness to return to the 3'7" division. He was clearing everything with room to spare and as is par for the course, lit up in front of the crowds and seemed to find an extra ooomph when he has a decorated course and devoted fans. (How he seems to look at it)

Pics are here (The bay with the blaze is my friends mare):

http://s103.beta.photobucket.com/use...nd%20Call%20HS

Enjoy!!

~Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

These pics are great!

Are you going to the show at Fair Hill this weekend?

How much fun!! Congrats on such a great day.

Cute horses too...
    How people treat you is their KARMA.... how you REACT is yours!

Thanks guys!!

@Coming Back. I will not have the boys there. I will likely come to watch.

My issue was the lack of full divisions for the jumpers. I can't see doing one class at the right height for my greenie, and if he (god Forbid) had a bad round, I'd have to go jump 6" higher to correct it. That makes no sense to me, and to many of my fellow local jumper friends. Hence we went to Jersey to prep for Virginia. Also the Virginia show is a LONG way away and we wanted to have fresh horses for a 7 hour trip and 2 days of showing.

But I will come out both days to see how it goes!!

Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

It was nice meeting you at the show, XCG. The show was fantastic- wonderful weather and a really fun atmosphere. I wish I could have stayed longer. Here's my Thoroughbred Daily News blog and photo piece for the show: http://thetdnblog.blogspot.com/2012/...e-show-in.html

Best of luck to everyone who is competing in MD and VA!
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

I caught your rounds XCG, lovely ride! It was a great afternoon!

AA- you have a photo of someone sporting a COTH MTC Thoroughbred logo, care to share it on the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique FB page?

Stella,

Thanks very much. I appreciate the compliment. Both my boys were great. I am working hard on doing some last minute tune ups for Va, and hoping we have a good time in va.

Have you been to Lad or Petey's Facebook? Just search Unbridled Lad or Petey Cap.

We have a video of Lad's winning round, but I swear I look like I am crawling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1gfz...ature=youtu.be

Enjoy!

Emily