The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Mine will go out today. Thanks to all who have already sent cards! It has been so much fun opening them and reading about your lives.

Stush -- my warmblood is cussing at you right now...your card has really inspired me with some ideas for next year!
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

AliCat, I do not feel so not-with-it now! Still loving the cards! Thks all!

I'm writing my cards at the mo and will race to the post shop as soon as I finish. Tried getting Mr HwNN to take pics of me and the nameless horse but neither seemed particularly into it so it will just be a bit of burble from me for this year.
    where am I, what day is it, am I still having a good time?

I gave up on CVS and have my cards ready to mail this morning
    I decorated with my cards received last year and am not quite sure what to do this year. What are others doing?

^ I tape mine up around our big sliding door in our dining room! I've been loving so many horsey themes. I'm giving up my ride tonight so I can sit down and get mine done, for COTH and family. I'm so behind the ball this year!

Propspony- I just have to say my DD is somewhat attached to your card. I got it last night with a few others and sat down with her to open them all. I read her the blurbs and she looks at the pictures but doesn't show much interest. For some reason she's latched right onto your card, and has been carrying it around since, singing "Ick muh felf" (Lyric my elf... is what I'm roughly translating) then kissing the picture with a big "MWAH!!". She slept with it last night and this morning all I heard over the monitor was "'I felf ick!" (Hi elf Lyric!). It's adorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

2 members found this post helpful.

Thanks guys!! To those of you that haven't gotten my card, they're going out on monday >.> I totally ran out of stamps and money lol Thanks for the compliments again! Honey loves the sparkly glittery diva life style!

Humorus story about the pictures.... For starters honey HATES HATES HATES bareback... like rear-up and try to bite you hate, I think the swinging up from the ground is what she hates most so I looked at scott and told him I wanted a leg up so that I could mount quickly and hopefully she'd cooperate so he says OK walks over and kneels down on the ground next to her (like my knight in shining armor) and I'm like wtfruit? before I realize he wants me to step on his knee and then onto the horse rather than the traditional leg up hahaha I tried to explain but he was totally confused so I used him as a mounting block

I tape all of my cards to my filing cabinet (the only place I'm allowed) and look at them while editing pictures

Thanks for the cards folks, it's great getting a bit of an insight into the lives of some of my fellow COTHers

17 cards received out of a possible 26 so roughly just under a 66% hit rate, is that about the usual? Will weigh up the costs for this year and decide whether I do this again or make bigger Christmas donations.

I would say the last 2 years I have gotten a 100% hit rate. Though can't say I have ever really counted them up and considering I'm generally one of the furthest away.

Mine went out really really late ... like Jan 3rd or something I'm just prolonging the christmas cheer

P.

Yours only took three days to get to me Polydor But then international mail tends to get to me quicker than some domestic mail.

Mine are on the way, way late but on the way!

1 members found this post helpful.

I sent out half of mine, and then lost steam! But I will get the rest of them out!

Ooh, goody! A few more to get yet! I've kinda been missing them. Got yours yesterday, Polydor: DH even called me when he got the mail, "Polydor's card is here from Australia. I thought it might brighten your day."
    "Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"

Next year I at least want to do a better picture, with one of my equines all decked out like Stushica's, but this was my first year and I really didn't think about making such a great pic, or writing a great letter like so many of you did.
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson

Wow this has been fun! I have gotten all but 5. Hopefully the rest didn't get lost in the mail. I just counted them up and loved looking at them all!

My COTH cards took over the place. My family was like "wow we have a lot of cards...with horses!" ha ha yep, they are all mine! I feel loved!

Yeah, I love getting snail mail any time, apart from bills and now I get most of them by email so I hardly ever get snail mail

Quote Originally Posted by HopeandJoy View Post
    Mine are on the way, way late but on the way!
    That makes two of us! Printer went down end of month, and just up and running now. Love to stretch it out as well. Thanks for understanding!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

I really enjoy getting the cards, letters, & photos. My DH thinks I'm a bit goofy though. I'm like a little kid when the mail is delivered. I run out & check for new cards...lol
    It's fun & heartwarming to read a snipit from your lives. For those that have been doing this for the past few yrs, it's cool to (kind of) stay updated.
    One of my highlights every Christmas...