The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Got my cards from Shutterfly yesterday, so they should be on their way soon!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Got your card yesterday, Pletchersmom. Loved it! Working on mine tonight.
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

1 members found this post helpful.

I got Pletchersmom's card yesterday as well, and SQUEEEEED when I saw it in the mail box. The only thing that I ever get addressed to me are vet bills. :-/

What a lovely pair! I'm working on mine via shutterfly tonight!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Yeah! I was so excited to get these cards out!

Yay PletchersMom! You made my day by kicking off christmas card season!! Loved the picture
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

Got my first card too! I made the mistake of ordering through cvs online this year- still waiting! I can go there in person and print same day pictures, but for some reason it is taking 2 weeks to get them from an online order

Yep, got Pletchersmom's card Tuesday. All my cards went out this morning, except GallopGirl's: does anyone have the entire zip code (list only has four digits, not five) or did you just send it with the four? I PMed her, but I'd like to get it out ASAP if anyone knows. Thanks!
    "Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"

Thank you for the card, PletchersMom! I got it with my first COTH Secret Santa box, so it was an awesome overload of COTH holiday cheer. My photographer (aka my dad) just gave me my edited pictures, so I'll be working on my card tonight!

Never mind: figured it out via mapquest. I think her zip code should be 94109
    "Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"

Yeah! Got my first card today from Propspony! Love it. Can't wait for more.

Yay, I got my first card this morning too - thanks PletchersMom

I too made the mistake of ordering my cards online and still waiting... I might have to go to plan B (whatever that might be ) if they're not here early next week.
    where am I, what day is it, am I still having a good time?

Hopefully mine will be in the mail tomorrow - just need to get to the post office to get the stamps!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Whoot! Got 4 cards in the mail today.

Thanks Stush.
    Thanks Eventerdiva.
    Thanks JBCool.
    Thanks Nashfab

Looking forward to tomorrows mail!

Just heading to the PO Box to see if my cards are here, have been assured by the nice SPCA lady they were sent last week so they should be Failing that, I'll hit the saddleries tomorrow to find some other horsey cards to send and then will have to get scribbling!
    where am I, what day is it, am I still having a good time?

I have received 2 cards and really enjoy and appreciate them. I am such a nit-wit. I did not include anything horsey in my cards. I got a pic in 1 card and a yr's end update in another. I am so non-imaginative at times.

Im so excited to check the mail!

I'm completely unimaginiative...I just send cute cards..no pictures or stories. Maybe next year.
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

I got one! Thanks Pletchersmom!

I have all mine made addressed and ready to go. Now i have to get to the post office and get them mailed. They are coming!

I've loved getting everyone's cards so far!

I thought about writing a note, but nothing really all that exciting happened this year -- I was too busy at work to do much, and my horse was off for a couple of months this summer because he had some nodular sarcoids removed from his girth area.

Anyway, hopefully we will have a jammed packed 2013, and I'll have something to write about next Christmas!

I'm loving getting these cards!

DH, on the other hand, thinks I've completely lost it given that for two years in a row, I have neglected to send out Christmas cards to friends and family (you know, people we actually KNOW) and instead have decided perfect strangers should receive tidings of merriment from us.

Hehehe. Is it bad that I'd much rather get cards with pictures and updates on strangers' horses than my friends' babies?

4 members found this post helpful.

This is so much fun! I really love everyone's cards and updates. I've gotten pletchersmom's (first one I got -- yay!), and then the same four in one day that pletchersmom got (thanks!), and yesterday I got TarheelJD's which came very quickly if she mailed them early this week! Hurray!

Mine went out yesterday. No great update or letter, just one (slightly snowy) picture of two of my horses.

eventerdiva, I'm the same way -- I did the COTH cards but haven't done my personal cards yet!

Stushica, your horse's decorations are WOW! I'm inspired and will have to do something similar. Love the garland halter and reins and the evergreen and red ribbon mane. Very creative!

pletchersmom, your pic was adorable. Glad you included your JRT in your arms!

Nashfad, I really liked your stack of doggies Christmas tree card.

eventerdiva, AWESOME card! Love your cover photo and your papillons! I already had my card to you sealed but I added a PS on the back saying just that!

JBCool, another great collage of pix!

littlebaypony, LOVE your animals and your tales of their antics on your farm.

TarheelJD, another GORGEOUS custom card! Also liked your address label!
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson