The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Wayside - did the light tugging on your left hand from the bight being up that high bother you at all??

My other weird quirk is that I must have my bight to the left, or else it drives me nuts, so I'll try to say this in a bight-direction-neutral fashion I didn't feel any pulling or anything at all on the bightless hand, but the weight of the bight going over the rein felt a little heavy to me on the hand closest to the bight at first. One I started concentrating on other things, though, I didn't even notice the difference.

And thank you kaluha2 and Bodo Hagen!
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

I have long, gorilla arms and my horse has a short neck. This happens to me, too. I agree it is very annoying.

My snaffle bridle has longer reins and I do notice it more then. But it also happens occasionally with my double bridle -- there's no knotting those reins or tying them to my pinky, and they could not be any shorter and still be functional. So, I use the opportunity for a little release.

Default YAAAY!!

Well I am very happy to report that both Wayside AND myself have been "saved" by this thread!!!

I flipped the bight over my right hand instead of under and HALLELUJAH, no catching/sticking, I had a marvelous ride grinning ear to ear the whole time!

Thanks guys, LOL!! I feel uber stupid I didn't think of trying that sooner, but all's well that ends well!

Quote Originally Posted by ASBJumper View Post
    Well I am very happy to report that both Wayside AND myself have been "saved" by this thread!!!
    Hooray!

And yeah, I felt a little slow for not thinking of it either, but hey, better late and with some help than never, right?
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland