The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

PM Me your email and I'll send you pics....She was so happy....I love this kid...she's 11 and so innocent still......she is what everyone would want a little girl to be....innocent in love with horses and a child.

Finally sent the package today. Hope it fits someone. Included a couple of books, one of which was a jumping instructional book by Steinkraus.
    "I have brought on the hatred of Wall Street and I relish it".
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt

I just wanted to say I got the pics from Terrawynne and they brought tears to my eyes.

I remember being the one without a lot of funds for horses when I was growing up. It is such a great gift to be able to have things you could never afford otherwise!

Sometimes random kindness from strangers is the greatest gift you can receive.

What barn is this and where is it? Can we see a pic of those big smiles????

Terrawyne Stables in New Tripoli, PA.
    "I have brought on the hatred of Wall Street and I relish it".
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt

I am getting ready to move...after I move and unpack. I can see what I have. I don't have breeches that will fit either of them. I might have a 78 blanket that is just laying around. The horse I lease has all his own clothes.
    OTTB - Hurricane Denton - Kane AKA Bubble boy
    Boxer - Tugger's - outlasted my marriage

Oh please do let me know!

We have received a few packages thus far and each time a package arrives I have a few sets of eyes on me LOL....I love watching them get excited....This week they received 2 show shirts a piece.....It was adorable!!!

These kids appreciate everything they are getting. They are good on breeches now =) both schooling and show! Could def use anything for "their" horse choices yet.

I also wanted to say thanks to your generosity both girls were able to show with their heads up! And at her very first show the younger of the two took 3rd place out of 15 riders!! She was thrilled. I can't thank everyone enough.

2 members found this post helpful.

That's fantastic!!

What do the girls need for "their" horses?

After going to the last show I bought the pony a show bridle.....so she's good to go on the bridle and bit.....The TB could use a nicer show bridle....He will be ready to go to his first show soon. The younger girl has a wish list a mile long LOL.....we don't have a ton of pony equipment....I know she'd like a waterproof sheet, show sheet, and a cooler (69") which i'm buying a heavy weight because i think she's going to need to be clipped. The TB is a 75" he has high withers so I have to find a blanket that fits him nicely. I got her a high wither saddle pad and that seems to be working. Polos and standing wraps are high on the list....for some reason(i'm sure it happens in your barns) no matter what we do we always only have 3 polos in one color. I'm making each girl a tack trunk. I'm also looking into pony club for them to get a good base. Honestly anything you have laying around that you don't want would help out these two kids.

Pics were also sent out tonight to those who requested it.

My mother and I for years boarded on military bases where the kids would want to show, but lacked the "right" equipment. Over the years we accumulated (through shopping sales, clearances, etc) a TON of stuff, and kept a horse trailer full of stuff to lend out. Unfortunately when the barn burned last year, the trailer went too Just wanted to say thanks for doing this - so many kids could be touched by this!
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

I was also a barn rat with a single mother who lacked funds. I have collected quite a large amount of horse 'stuff' over the years, please let me know if you still need anything. I believe I have a pair of sz 6 or 6.5 worn maybe twice muck boots laying around (i will sat now that they are yellow, but they're ariat so at least they are a COMFY form of ugly, I just prefer my taller muck boots). I think I have some extra brushes, bridles, etc laying around that I would be more than happy to pack up and mail you.

Do the girls have colors they prefer? I was going to get a few things, not to be cliche but pink for the pony? navy for the TB? does the TB need high wither pads or can he use regular pads? do they need fun colors for everyday or show colors? what is common in your area for girls their ages? I'm at an adult barn in the west

Default THANK YOU!!

I can't begin to express how thankful we are at the outpouring of support. I'm sorry if I have not answered everyone individually but we were able to help out another child as well with some of the riding clothes that has been sent. We still are in need of a few things if anyone would like to help them. I am just thrilled. This is wonderful and helps bring back some faith in the spirit of giving. Thank you thank you thank you!

1 members found this post helpful.