The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PaintedHunter View Post
    For coats, I want a "Hulk Shoulders" option.
    Yes please!! I have a long waist and seriously broad shoulders. I always look ridiculous in coats that fit my shoulders and aren't rather extensively tailored.

I would also appreciate a Hercules calf in tall boots! My legs are long, and they are muscular - I'm sorry, but you are not going to get 13" of leather around my lower leg without doing some serious damage to the leg or the leather...

I would love a stretchy technical fabric for show shirts. Something a little more form-fitting without being restricting...

Oh, breeches. Ditching the cotton would be lovely. I get really tired of that baggy-knee look after a few hours at the barn. I would love in-between sizes! And I also loathe velcro closures at the ankles. Bulky and frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo7777 View Post
    Soft shell coats for a semi-reasonable price. And more choices in charcoal gray.
    Oh, yes, yes. And shorter length options!!
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

What I want is the TS Trophy Side Zip (in the technical fabric, not the 95% cotton) in GIRLS sizes in more colours than tan, french blue and white. And making them more available to those of us in Canada who have no awesome SmartPak that has all the colours AND photos!

Also, jackets that are actually curvy and have the option to add length to the sleeves only would be stellar! I am only 5'5, and even with a 2/10 tall, my arms are still too long, but if I go up a size, it looks like a tent and the body is much too long . Just because some of us are more endowed doesn't mean we have the waist/hip size to go with it! Speaking of hips, jackets that are slimmer in the hips would be stellar!

Coats and shirts so my "girls" can fit in them! I have to buy 2 sizes up in my jackets so my girls fit in and there isn't any gapping and then get it altered so my arms and the rest of my upperbody isn't swimming in fabric

Le Fash show shirts fix a lot of the issues that were mentioned here. The sleeve and shirt length are cut longer for taller clients yet don't look ridiculous for shorter, more petite clients.

Many companies are now "adopting" our silhouette of having stretch on the sides/arms and the shirting fabric in places that are seen under a hunt coat because the stretch on the side allows for a more fitted silhouette, yet non restrictive for movement for releasing or riding in general. Also , the stretch is great for those with larger "hulk" shoulders. Additionally, the panels allow for those with a larger chest size to NOT have any gapping but still a fitted shirt!

The neck and cuffs are also cut with a bit more room than current show shirts so it's not uncomfortably tight.

I've been a rider for 27 years and actually did design the ultimate show shirt fixing all of the issues I hates about riding shirts! We sponsor Jen Alfano and Maggie Jayne, both amazing riders who are totally different in body style. It shows a great range of bodies that Le Fash shirts fit.

Short sleeve ones are releasing next week too!

Years ago I ordered a Grand Prix coat direct (thru a tack store) with extra length added to the sleeves. It was actually super unnecessary as my arms aren't particularly long, but that option does exist. I don't think it cost much extra, if any - I can't remember.

Breeches would be side-zip, knee patch with the euro seam, come in cool colors other than beige, and not cost $170.

Simple, really
    Lucy (Precious Star) - 1994 TB mare; happily reunited with her colt Touch the Stars

i second NO VELCRO AT THE ANKLES... do the manufacturers have any idea how hard it is to pull on dress boots with a big clunky piece of velcro at the bottom??

My request is pretty simple- stretch cotton options. I react to many of the technical fabrics so my choices are a bit limited. Nothing like looking at a nice pair of breeches and then realising that they're made from something you can't wear.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Default more tall/long options

Quote Originally Posted by LordWentworth View Post
    I want clothes that come in tall that are actually for tall people. At 5'10" I have yet to find a shirt with arms long enough of breeches that go more than half way down my calf. The cheval shirts are at least longer in the body but the sleeves are about 3" too short. You shouldn't have to buy stuff that's way too big around in order to get length. I would also love to see a wider range of field boot sizes. Customs are expensive!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RolyPolyPony View Post
    YES. YES YES YES.
    DITTO!

Same thing as the earlier petite comment. Tall is not just tacking on length, it is a proportion. I'm 6'1" and would definitely pay a little more for off the rack items that fit correctly!

Quote Originally Posted by TaterTotTB View Post
    I'm a fan of really high rise britches. Like my favorite pair, which come up to just above my belly button. So I'd like to see more of those for not a ton of cash, especially ones with long legs and a snug fit.
    Also, show shirts with bigger chokers! They are always way too tight (and I despise things touching my neck, ugh). They should have size options for your choker separate from the shirt size. That way I could have a small shirt with a large choker. Honestly, that would be my dream come true. Since I've been a little kid, getting my choker on has been the most dramatic part of the horse show!
    I agree with ALL of this!
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

Shirts and jackets with broader shoulders. Breeches that were sized more along the size of real clothing, i.e., I don't buy my jeans in size 28 or 30 or whatever, but by size 10 or 12 or 20. And quit calling a size 10-12 (or worse yet, I've seen an 8-10) size called XL!

Slimmer cuts in the torso with more room in the shoulders and biceps. I'm tiny but my arms and shoulders are well developed from all the riding and lifting and farm chores. So coats that propperly fitted in the waist Tull on my arms and shoulders (not good for ridig). Means I end up in coats that look like they were made for my mother.

Quote Originally Posted by comingback View Post

I also need the Hulk Shoulders!!!

Hulk shoulders with room for boobs BUT still tapered in the waist!
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

Quote Originally Posted by skippy60 View Post
    i second NO VELCRO AT THE ANKLES... do the manufacturers have any idea how hard it is to pull on dress boots with a big clunky piece of velcro at the bottom??
    And how awful it feels when it digs into your ankle!!I

I want and need

Shorter length jackets with hulk shoulders and room for a pretty normally endowed 34C.

Mid rise side zip breeches in a heavy technical fabric that isn't so stiff it stands up on its own, with euroseat and NO velcro.

Boots available in a size 5 1/2!
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post

Hulk shoulders with room for boobs BUT still tapered in the waist!
    DH has recently got me wearing some western style shirts and they're the same way as hunt jackets. If they fit across the shoulders and the boobs I look like I'm pregnant... Why can't they just taper the waist so things that fit my boobs don't make me look fat
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013

Quote Originally Posted by OveroHunter View Post
    DH has recently got me wearing some western style shirts and they're the same way as hunt jackets. If they fit across the shoulders and the boobs I look like I'm pregnant... Why can't they just taper the waist so things that fit my boobs don't make me look fat
    Which brand are you wearing? I wear a lot of western shirts, and the two that look best on me are the 20x ones or stetson, and I am extremely busty. Ariat does a good job of tapering the waist, but they are really narrow in the shoulders.

I want breeches that don't make me want to cry when I go shopping. I haven't bought breeches since 2004, because I haven't found a pair that fit even close enough to make it worth altering them. Add me to the no velcro crowd! I would also like curvy breeches that don't sag in the crotch area.

Quote Originally Posted by PaintedHunter View Post
    For coats, I want a "Hulk Shoulders" option.
    Conversely, I want a "fish shoulders" option. Most coats are too wide in the shoulders for me. I can have any other measurement adjusted with a tailor, but shoulders are nearly impossible to change.

Honestly, I think it's impossible to create a jacket that fits every body type. A lot can be tailored as long as the fabric is there--it's easier to take fabric away than add it. If the shoulders are there, then the women who have big shoulders and tatas and tiny waists can have the waists nipped in.

Every good men's suit store has a tailor on staff, and they generally sell their pants long, because it's more or less a given that you're going to have them tailored. I'd absolutely patronize a brick and mortar store that had a good tailor who was up to date on current trends in the different rings.

For breeches, I just bought a pair of FITS Bekas and I was so thrilled with the fit! Love, love, LOVE them.

For boots, let's please wake up to the fact that if you do any sort of weight-bearing exercise, like running, you're not going to have piddly little calves. I am 5'6", 140 pounds, size 6-8, have very nice, shapely legs, and I'm considered a full calf. Seriously?
    Last edited by Sing Mia Song; Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna Anderocci View Post
    Many companies are now "adopting" our silhouette of having stretch on the sides/arms and the shirting fabric in places that are seen under a hunt coat because the stretch on the side allows for a more fitted silhouette, yet non restrictive for movement for releasing or riding in general.
    What's weird is that I'm pretty sure I bought a Romfh shirt (which I loff) with the same sillhouette (woven fabric on the collar and front, stretch knit on the sides and sleeves) several years ago. When did Le Fash purportedly "invent" the concept??
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/