The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Horseymama View Post
    Low rise front zip euro seat breeches with a technical stretch fabric that you can't see through, under $150 and NO VELCRO ON THE BOTTOM!!! Who in the hell thinks velcro on the bottom of the breeches is comfortable??? Why does anyone still make them this way, hint hint Tailored Sportsman, I mean come on!
    Have you tried the SmartPak Bradley breeches? They are almost exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by comingback View Post

I also need the Hulk Shoulders!!!
    Count me in for Hulk Shoulders! I have broad shoulders, an entirely too large chest, and a small waist by comparison... Nothing fits that isn't altered
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013

A larger neck for the shirts. I hate the tightness around my neck and even setting the buttons over a bit still too tight. If I set the buttons over all the way the shirt gaps in the front and looks terrible. Some of us have larger necks.

Side-zip mid-rise breeches in a technical fabric (no cotton) with a wide waistband, euro seams, no Velcro @ the ankles, in lots of colors and the option of full-seat. Also in a fabric that is thick enough to not show every single little flaw. An option for Hulk calves would also be great.

Shirts and coats cut for those of us who are blessed in the titty department. Also, coat sizing that doesn't make me feel like an IR pony desperately in need of a grazing muzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseymama View Post
    Low rise front zip euro seat breeches with a technical stretch fabric that you can't see through, under $150 and NO VELCRO ON THE BOTTOM!!! Who in the hell thinks velcro on the bottom of the breeches is comfortable??? Why does anyone still make them this way, hint hint Tailored Sportsman, I mean come on!
    I have velcro on the bottom of a few of my breeches and have never once found it uncomfortable. I usually don't even have to undo the velcro to get them on or off.

I want more breeches to be a bit more giving in the thigh. I have thunder thighs and all the cute cheaper equine couture type stuff is WAY loose in the waist and can't even pull them up all the way tight in the thigh!
    Though there certainly are breeches that accommodate for a bigger thigh most of the cute cheaper breeches I see do not.

Quote Originally Posted by PaintedHunter View Post
    For coats, I want a "Hulk Shoulders" option.

Me too! I have big shoulders - but not much of a chest, and a high waist - If I buy a coat that fits my shoulders - it is like a tent everywhere else! I have actually purchased a man's coat (fit in the shoulders) and had it tailored a bit (made a waist) to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post

Me too! I have big shoulders - but not much of a chest, and a high waist - If I buy a coat that fits my shoulders - it is like a tent everywhere else! I have actually purchased a man's coat (fit in the shoulders) and had it taylored a bit (made a waist) to fit.
    Oh a small men's coat is a good idea! I too usually have to buy a coat that fits my shoulders and then take it in about 2-3 sizes everywhere else.
    Blog chronicling our new eventing adventures: Riding With Scissors

Hercules Calf option for tall boots. Machine washable everything. Technical fabrics for shirts as well as jackets, bonus points if they don't need to be ironed.
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

Some of us like that velcro at the ankle -- don't change that at all --

And washable soft shell jackets that look and stay like traditional jackets ...

Quote Originally Posted by kateh View Post
    Hercules Calf option for tall boots. Machine washable everything. Technical fabrics for shirts as well as jackets, bonus points if they don't need to be ironed.
    YES to Hercules Calf in tall boots!! why do we have to have stick legs if we're all????

Breeches like "Kentucky" of Germany used to make in wonderful fabrics back in the 80's; generously cut with just a hint of flair, pleated in front or flat, to fit more like the better men's breeches do today.

I think I speak for a lot of women who know darn well their rear shrinkwrapped in a sausage casing does nothing for the landscape; you can even sit deeper in the saddle when your fantail isn't being forcibly compressed.

While I realize the "junior" market is always going to rule the lower price points, it's time they made some of the higher-end breeches for real women's real bodies and not for Peter Pan! We "mature" riders have the money to spend, after all!

Also, boots that don't slice you behind the knees; who ever decided on these "Spanish" tops, anyway? Non-functional/fugly.

I'm a fan of really high rise britches. Like my favorite pair, which come up to just above my belly button. So I'd like to see more of those for not a ton of cash, especially ones with long legs and a snug fit.
    Also, show shirts with bigger chokers! They are always way too tight (and I despise things touching my neck, ugh). They should have size options for your choker separate from the shirt size. That way I could have a small shirt with a large choker. Honestly, that would be my dream come true. Since I've been a little kid, getting my choker on has been the most dramatic part of the horse show!

at work and the barn...middle of nowhere PA

Default Twins?

Quote Originally Posted by TaterTotTB View Post
    I'm a fan of really high rise britches. Like my favorite pair, which come up to just above my belly button. So I'd like to see more of those for not a ton of cash, especially ones with long legs and a snug fit.
    Also, show shirts with bigger chokers! They are always way too tight (and I despise things touching my neck, ugh). They should have size options for your choker separate from the shirt size. That way I could have a small shirt with a large choker. Honestly, that would be my dream come true. Since I've been a little kid, getting my choker on has been the most dramatic part of the horse show!
    TaterTot, are you my long-lost twin sister? I was going to say the exact same thing! I can suck in my stomach (especially if I have some nice high-rise britches to help!), but I cannot make my neck smaller and it's the most uncomfortable part of getting dressed to show!

Soft shell coats for a semi-reasonable price. And more choices in charcoal gray.
    Mon Ogon (Mojo), black/bay 16 H TB Gelding

Quote Originally Posted by Theresyoursighn View Post
    Built in Spanx. All the way!
    Ummm YES!
    www.readyforthebigeq.com
    dream it. achieve it. eff the odds.

JustWorld International Ambassador!

Different "fits" for breeches. Eddie baur used to make pants that were a size x in the waist and size x +1 in the rear/thigh. THAT is what I need. Lots of color options.

Coats. Technical coat that is flattering, machine washable, and comes in deep purple as well as hunter green. I consider black and navy to be so boring. Options for arm length (mine are long).

Show shirts. Technical STRETCH fabric. Flattering with options for arm length (mine are long)

Quote Originally Posted by LordWentworth View Post
    YES to Hercules Calf in tall boots!! why do we have to have stick legs if we're all????
    Can we have Hercules Calf in short, too? I think I'm going to have to eventually go custom to get a pair of boots that really fit me properly. Darn short lower legs.

Put me in with people who want shirts and jackets with room for shoulders and, um, 'assets' also. (Maybe something using a system like Pepperberry uses, where there's a dress size and also a size for how much room is allowed for boobs? Like you can get a 12, or a 12 Curvy, or a 12 Really Curvy, etc.)

Likewise, shorter breeches. I can't do petites because I'm not really a petite build, I just have short legs. So I end up with breeches where there's three inches of breech flopping over my foot and the knee patch is more of a knee-leg-ankle patch. But I'm not a plus size curvy type, either, with the tiny waist and big hips. I'm apparently built like a hockey player. (They keep complaining about finding pants that fit because they tend to have muscular thighs and, er, junk in the trunk. Apparently I am in the wrong sport.)

Honestly, I don't know WHO they do design riding clothes for, because it seems like EVERYBODY has a problem!

Big boobs/no butt/no thighs here. And I mean No. Butt. Many normal pants (especially capris) wind up looking like old-fashioned flare jodhpurs/breeches on me... I have had total strangers dissolve into laughter when I've walked out of fitting rooms, seriously. So Lycra riding pants were a good thing, as was the low-rise innovation - I'm short-waisted in addition to having a large chest. Low-rise gives me some badly needed extra real estate. And wide waistbands help with the muffin top!

HOWEVER, the only breeches that really fit are the blasted $160 TS Trophy Hunters. Would love a cheaper option! That, and as others have said, hunt coats with accommodation for the girls. Two sizes up and drastic waist tailoring is a drag. Really, there's Fuller Fillies stuff now for those with more overall fluff, how about Busty Bloomers or something for us who've just got more up top?

Oh please yes jackets for us with hulk shoulders. I have zero in the ah asset region but no jacket fits my shoulders or long arms and I feel like I am going to bust the back of my jacket everytime I release over a jump. So frustrating!

And yes while we are at it. Longer sleeves. Sick of showing off my chicken wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by OveroHunter View Post
    Count me in for Hulk Shoulders! I have broad shoulders, an entirely too large chest, and a small waist by comparison... Nothing fits that isn't altered
    I'm exactly the same way. Doesn't it make shopping for clothes fun?