We do, yes it helps quite a bit. Keeps the mold away quite well, unless something is stored beside the outside wall, where it gets colder. Tack room is pretty well insulated, but the uninsulated cement floor will pull cold up from the ground, so it makes that outside wall/floor joint colder.
Ours is well insulated also yet it does have a concrete floor. It hasn't been bad in the past 4 years we've been here but lately when you go in you get that moldy smell. It's slight but there. Thanks I think I'm going to put one in there
Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole
Here in humid Houston I knew I would be fighting mold on tack. My tack room is insulated, and I began running a de-humidifier half the time. I figured I could always run it more often or move up to air conditioning if necessary. However, it works beautifully. No mold at all. Good luck with yours!