The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horsey Holiday Gifts?

I need some gift ideas! My barn usually goes in on a joint present for my trainer, but I'm thinking of getting something extra just from me. I'd also like to get everyone at the barn a little holiday gift as well. (last year I did horse treats, but maybe something else this year?) Anyways, what are your fav horsie gifts to give and receive?

Little tubs of homemade saddle soap tied up with a christmas sponge and ribbon, homemade horse treats in little christmas bags, best gift was the Sunkissed Acres cookbook.

1 members found this post helpful.

It depends on your budget, but some nice gifts I've given include saddle pads in the barn's colors, with and without embroidery. And I have to mention with the deal Smartpak does on free embroidery with their BarnBuddies program, I embroider or engrave everything these days. At one barn we lost leadropes like crazy and we would also give leadropes that matched the barn's colors as well. After one very successful show season, the parents went nuts and bought all the horses new halters with their names and the barn's name engraved.

I'd like to get a gift for the mom/daughter combo that are leasing my horse while I'm gimptastic. Any ideas on a joint or not-too-expensive individual gift?
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Hmm...Jen, my idea is not horsey but maybe you'll like it anyway! What about a mom/daughter spa day, or mani/pedis? Check Groupon.
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

We 2 warmbloods recommend the horse Christmas tree ornaments from Starhouse, she makes one of a horse if you send her a picture; and the sun catchers that event groupie 2 makes. Send her a picture and you get a year round sun catcher to put in you sunny window.

Both are great. We gave one of each as secret santas this year.
    And we gave a sun catcher to a friend who lost her horse.

Both items are worth the cost. And will be kept by the recipient forever. And each time the person sees the ornament or sun catcher, she will remember that you gave it to her. And you'll be helping 2 coth artisans. A win-win situation.

Donkerbruin--great idea!
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.