The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Patriotic Passion any info?

I recently purchased a KY bred TB. Registered name is Patriotic Passion. I think breeders may have been Kinsman Farm. Im not really big into the racing scene, but i really wanted some info on his racing past. I know he is tatooed and that he also ran timbers. If anyone has any info I would love it. Pictures would be an added bonus. And just so everyone knows he retired from the track with a double bow on left front and has had a great outcome for both of us. He has a mommy that spoils him rotten and I have my horsey soul mate. He is going to be sound enough to have a career and we are currently walking and trotting and he thinks he is ready to do more but im being extra cautious lol. He is going to be my jumper and might dabble in the hunters and maybe even do some equitation. He could not have come at a better time he has given me something to be happy about and i can not get enough of him. Many thanks in advance.

Cannot help you on him but you might want to start with his breeder. As sweet as this post was about how loved and needed he was, the breeder if he/she is human at all will like this and may at least be able to tell you something. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Just for the heck of it I checked on Kinsman who are his breeder and they no longer have a farm in Kentucky that I can find, it is in Ocala, probably sold or moved their stock when George Steinbrenner passed away 2010. His daughter, Jessica is very hands on and may remember him or could tell you someone who might. Just call the farm and explain to them what you are trying to find out and a quick bit on his history and his importance to you. This may be a little bit of a slow time since it is not breeding, not sure about sales prep though so be sensitive to that and ask if they have time for you to ask about a foal they bred, make sure you tell them he is not in trouble right off the bat, no telling how many calls they may get like this.

Don't be intimidated by the star status, she seems to genuinely love their horses.

I found a listing for them in Florida which is:
    352 237 3303
    Last edited by Calamber; Oct. 2, 2012 at 04:45 PM.
    "I have brought on the hatred of Wall Street and I relish it".
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt

thank you. Like I said I am not familiar with racing but he is tatooed so doesnt that mean he raced. I also have a dvd of him racing over timbers. I might be very naive in this though so plese educate me. lol

No, a tattoo does not mean they raced. Races over timbers do not count the same as races on the flat.

Are there people on this forum who would know about timbers? Im sorry I dont want to be annoying but I just want to know about a past on my guy. Thanks again everyone.

Most timber races are run at Point to Point meets without pari-mutial betting so the results will not show up on Equibase Brisnet or DRF.

Some of the people on the Hunting forum are actively involved inpoint -to-points, and might be able to help.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Pony View Post
    also does anyone know anything about Kinsman Farms? are they cother's or still around?
    Did you not read the post I made on this thread? I researched the farm, found the owners and gave you a phone number. The owner of the farm now is Jessica Steinbrenner, it used to be George Steinbrenner, in case you have been asleep or do not know he was a major football team owner (sorry don't know which one because I have been asleep when it comes to football as I despise the game). Jessica is a hands on owner which you can find out by Google and find an article in the Florida Horse from I think March 2012. Do your own research but at least acknowledge and utilize the information that was already given to you. Otherwise you are just pointlessly asking questions for which you really do not want an answer.

If you want to find Timber results you can Google that too, through the National Steepleche Association, covers timber races as well. Equineline.com will give you the pedigree, give the farm name and the rest is up to you now if you do want to know and just do not want attention for the heck of it.

George owned the Yankees which is a baseball team and is now dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    George owned the Yankees which is a baseball team and is now dead.
    Thank you Laurie , guess that shows how much I follow any other sports besides the horses. In any case, I told her he was deceased in the first post but the lack of any notion that it was read made me repeat without that since it did not seem to gain any ground the first time.

In any case, I persisted with the power of Google and found this where it reports that PP finished fourth on March 4th, 2012 in the novice timber with owner/trainer Larry Levy who hosts the Thornton/Fort Valley Hunt or some such. Here is the article:

http://www.rappnews.com/2012/03/08/i...yre-off/90854/
    Last edited by Calamber; Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:04 PM.

thank you Calamber. I did not see that on the post but thank you and I will reach out to them and see what I can find. Thank you all for your help.

You are welcome, but if you have had him for a few months and he bowed, likely it was that trainer Larry Levy, just so you don't stumble into some defensive nonsense on his part.