The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by IFG View Post
    15.2 is just the right size for those of us who are vertically challenged .
    Seriously. I'm not that short (5'5") but I feel ridiculous on horses where I need a step ladder instead of a mounting block, but I feel like ponies are too short. (I have a long torso, which I think is part of it - even if the pony takes up my legs fine, I feel like we look out of proportion.)

Middle-of-the-road horses that everyone else seems to think are awkwardly sized sound just right to me.

(Does this mean that when I'm ready to purchase I'll have lots of options at a good price?)

We went last year-- to the Suffolk Showcase-- three horses found new homes :-)

this year I'm going up with a couple of friends and personally can't bring home another, due to the hubs' illness and all the uncertainty surrounding it, but my friend "might" be looking, and I am always up to spending a day looking at horses.

*** on another note, could someone tell me why I get "you do not have permission" when I click on some of the links??

Lots of nice looking horses at Suffolk this year! Why did everything for sale look like a QH 2 yrs ago when I was last looking to buy something??? LOL.

I like Bullheaded even with the old bow (could be the grey thing ), still like the chestnut filly Morgan. If I was in the market (which I'm not!) for a personal horse I would look at ether of them.

Renaissance- I asked my farrier about Gator, don't know if you are still interested in him, and he doesn't work on him. All he knew about the horse off hand was that its a well bred turf horse. Sorry, not very helpful, but at least the horse doesn't have a bad rep!

Thank you for checking for me, maybe he is a clone of yours

Oh crap my 3yr old passed vet looks to be sold...now I have $$...umm hay... more horses hay/straw ..more horses...

I would like these two, please!
    http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ngs&Itemid=296

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ngs&Itemid=296

(I don't have a 'type' or anything... LOL!!)
    Founder & President, Dapplebay, Inc.
    Creative Director, Equestrian Culture Magazine
    Take us to print!

Quote Originally Posted by gabby.gator View Post
    *** on another note, could someone tell me why I get "you do not have permission" when I click on some of the links??
    Those ones have been sold and removed from the site.

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    I love the 15h Well Bred Boy. He's tail female to the Alexander Mare of 1790 through her daughter Bronze. I think he's adorable. He's got nice short cannons and low set hocks. Truly sharkfinned withers though.
    Well Bred Boy

This is clearly a special horse. I'd think a therapeutic program would love to get one who's already comfortable with a chair.

And I also think he's very cute. Looks like a great kids horse or solid field hunter.

Thanks a lot leahandpie lol, I hadn't seen Awesome Preacher yet and now I'm all about him!! Nice, nice horse.
    If you believe everything you read, better not read. -- Japanese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JER View Post
    Well Bred Boy

This is clearly a special horse. I'd think a therapeutic program would love to get one who's already comfortable with a chair.

And I also think he's very cute. Looks like a great kids horse or solid field hunter.
    What about Well Bred Boy for an eventer? I love his shoulder - what about the engine? He looks like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Bob View Post
    What about Well Bred Boy for an eventer? I love his shoulder - what about the engine? He looks like fun.
    Is this him? http://www.pedigreequery.com/well+bred+boy

He looks like he'd be a fine eventer. But good therapy horses are as hard to find as CCI**** horses, and good kids/lesson horses are almost as scarce. If this one knows his way around a wheelchair, he's probably worth his weight in gold.

I really hope he finds a great home.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    Thanks a lot leahandpie lol, I hadn't seen Awesome Preacher yet and now I'm all about him!! Nice, nice horse.
    I know right? I'm trying to figure out how I can afford a third horse. Oh wait, I can't!!
    Founder & President, Dapplebay, Inc.
    Creative Director, Equestrian Culture Magazine
    Take us to print!

Bullheaded is by Holy Bull. My greenie is also by him and looks so much like this guy!!! Wish I had the money

Anyway it's funny how out of the 4 Holy Bull babies I know ( including my own) they all have the same right front bow.......

Ok..I got a 4yr old a 2yr old and another 4yr old..speed shopping..

Since we are spending monopoly money I think I would spend mine on this one (I would spend the real money if I had extra)
    http://canterusa.org/index.php?optio...ngs&Itemid=279
    His dam side goes back to Waya.
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from behind, or a fool from any direction

If I was every going to the OTTB thing again... this would be the one. SOOOO cute.

Untouchable Rock is gorgeous. LOVE that shoulder, looks uphill and forward. Someone should really take him.

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    If I can get a buddy to go with me to the showcase, I was going to take a look at that first mare...I've got acreage that she can hang out on, if she doesn't stay sound.

I also want to look at this adorable little thing: http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ngs&Itemid=296

The odd thing is that she doesn't seem to exist, at least not under "Pomtizzy." Don't want to call the trainer and waste anyone's time.

Monarch, I agree, that horse is completely my type. If I had my own place and wasn't boarding out I would be making a phone call and a trip....

I think this is her:

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Res...674&registry=T

Pomzie

~Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

If we're talking monopoly money.... Why can't I have a more finished horse?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzfDIIm7gBQ

Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries