The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Holsteiner Verband Korung stallions

http://www.holsteiner-verband.de/cms...php?idart=4486

Check out the breeder on number 8!
    www.octoberhill.com

Home of approved stallions Coconut Grove, Mezcalero, Justice, Ocordo, Amaretto D II, Churchill OHS, Concho OHS, and Cascani.

How do you get the videos?
    It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.”
    ? Marilyn Monroe

Congrats! That is awesome.

Well done ! That is a big deal for US breeders! Congrats and best of luck!
    Hyperion Stud, LLC.
    Europe's Finest, Made in America
    WWW.HYPERIONSTUD.com
    Standing Elite and Approved Stallions

Hi Wendy,

Congratulations, I saw him as a yearling, and have known his dam since she was a yearling.
    The Contender mare, NOVIA was 56 bonit, states premium mare. She has been considered by many as the best Contender mare in the world. She is owned by Inken Johannsen Platen-Hallermund. Bayhawk sold Wendy Willa and she obviously bred her well. The Calido Colt was very magestic, and had lots of presence. He is a big mover, modern, and a beautiful topline. I will be watching him closely at the HengstKorung at the end of this month. The Coriano mare Willa is also half sister to an approved stallion by Clinton I named Coolidge. He bred 5 mares his first year (private stallion) and 1 was brought to Neumunster. That is just amazing. Stamm 474a is a great stamm. Concerto Grosso is also from this stamm and he stands here in the US. The Grand dam of Novia is full sister to the Grand dam of Concerto Grosso.

Congratulations again Wendy.

Tim
    Sparling Rock Holsteiners
    www.sparlingrock.com

What a great achievement! Congrats!

Wishing you best of luck for the licensing!

What an achievement and reflection of your breeding program, congratulations! I'm very excited to be attending the approvals in Neumunster this year for the first time. Will any other COTHers be going? Will you be attending, Wendy?

Quote Originally Posted by *Tradewind* View Post
    What an achievement and reflection of your breeding program, congratulations! I'm very excited to be attending the approvals in Neumunster this year for the first time. Will any other COTHers be going? Will you be attending, Wendy?
    I will be going again this year.

Tim
    Last edited by RyTimMick; Oct. 2, 2012 at 02:38 PM.
    www.sparlingrock.com

Congratulations! Lovely pedigree.

But I am curious if the mentioned mare is recognized as the "best" Contender mare, what are her or her offspring's performance credentials? Does best refer to best type and movement a la inspection score?

For example, consider Rosalia LS who is out of a Contender mare - her dam who has produced a well placed Olympic jumper - 5th individual - just recently in London.

Quote Originally Posted by knowthatifly View Post
    Congratulations! Lovely pedigree.

But I am curious if the mentioned mare is recognized as the "best" Contender mare, what are her or her offspring's performance credentials? Does best refer to best type and movement a la inspection score?

For example, consider Rosalia LS who is out of a Contender mare - her dam who has produced a well placed Olympic jumper - 5th individual - just recently in London.
    Novia Contender/Lavall/Fernando Stamm 474a is a 56 Bonit, Statespremium mare with a 9 on type and Canter, with a 10 for jump and 10 rideability. She won her mare performance test and has had only 4 foals.
    1st is an approved stallion who is very high in performance rankings for his age class and has sired a stallion prospect from his first foal crop

2nd is a International GP jumper by Cassini II

3rd is the dam of Wendy's stallion prospect in Neumunster - Broodmare

4rth is a Statespremium Quinar mare being kept for breeding. - Broodmare

As she stands she is considered as such, the best standing Contender mare. After she is done with her breeding career we will then be able to re-evaluate.

Tim
    www.sparlingrock.com

Do you have the name of her Cassini II offspring? Thanks!

What struck me was that the entire stallion population is becoming a C lines population. They have already lost the R line (now only occasionally found in a third or usually later generation) and are now losing the L line with only a modest influence of the Q (from the SF). I hope Diarado makes a lasting impact (but even he is C in the second and third generations with Lord and Ramiro in the following fourth and fifth generations, respectively.)

Maybe it is just the evolution of the Holsteiner breed, but its genetics are coming closer and closer together. And you see very little addition of potential new blood in this keuring list. Doubtful any of the outsiders will get approved--and if they do, then doubtful the breeders will even use them if history repeats.

Ultimately, what might save the breed is use of its stallions in other populations. Look at the success of the Dutch for example and the creation of a whole new "breed", so to speak (in large part built on the introduction of the Holsteiner in the 80's).

Also the offspring "approved stallion" - his name and sire? Thanks!

Do you have the name of her Cassini II offspring? Thanks!
    Tuya, owned by Bonnie Smith.

Tim
    www.sparlingrock.com

Also the offspring "approved stallion" - his name and sire? Thanks!
    Coolidge, Clinton I/Contender/ Lavall I

Here is is link. http://www.holsteiner-verband.de/cms...x=yes&pageno=3

Tim
    www.sparlingrock.com

Quote Originally Posted by RyTimMick View Post
    Tuya, owned by Bonnie Smith.

Tim
    Tuya is not an international jumper. She is here in the states and has jumped some mini prix's I think.

She is the mom of a Quinar filly that has been winning classes in FL .

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhawk View Post
    Tuya is not an international jumper. She is here in the states and has jumped some mini prix's I think.

She is the mom of a Quinar filly that has been winning classes in FL .
    Thank-you for correction of facts.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

Quote Originally Posted by feather river View Post
    What struck me was that the entire stallion population is becoming a C lines population. They have already lost the R line (now only occasionally found in a third or usually later generation) and are now losing the L line with only a modest influence of the Q (from the SF). I hope Diarado makes a lasting impact (but even he is C in the second and third generations with Lord and Ramiro in the following fourth and fifth generations, respectively.)

Maybe it is just the evolution of the Holsteiner breed, but its genetics are coming closer and closer together. And you see very little addition of potential new blood in this keuring list. Doubtful any of the outsiders will get approved--and if they do, then doubtful the breeders will even use them if history repeats.

Ultimately, what might save the breed is use of its stallions in other populations. Look at the success of the Dutch for example and the creation of a whole new "breed", so to speak (in large part built on the introduction of the Holsteiner in the 80's).

I know many know this already, but there are two seperate C lines in Holstein. The Cottage Son XX line and Cor de la Bryere Line. The Cottage SonXX line is Capitol. We all know that there is a lot of sires with this pedigree, but keep in mind the majority of the great horses keeping Holstein on top are not in bred. Here are some examples:

Corrado I- Corde/Capital/MaestoseXX/FrivolXX

Cassini I/II - Capitol/Caletto II/Mahmud/Cobalt (2 half breds)

Contender - Calypso II/Ramiro/LadykillerXX

Carthago - Capitol/CalandoI/Mambo/Consul (2 half breds)

Caretino - Caletto II/Metellus/Aldato (Half bred)

Casall - Caretino/Lavall/Raimond

Calido - Cantus/Coriolan/Roman

Canturo - Cantus/Calando I/Landego

etc. Yes some have double Corde, but he was an outcross stallion who was by the TB Rantzau XX. Complete outcross blood.

2 years ago the seigerhengst was by Larimar - Lavall II/Lord/Little Lion XX/GalapeterXX. Lavall II is 3/4 TB and Lord is 1/2. The year before that was Diarado, a Half bred by Diamant De Semilly. Those that are concerned about the Holsteiner horse are just not looking closely enough. We must seperate the sport horses and our breeding stock when evaluating availability of fresh genetics. You can not look at our Sport horses to evaluate the herd in this manner.

Tim
    www.sparlingrock.com

Quote Originally Posted by ponygirl View Post
    Thank-you for correction of facts.
    She was entered into a 1.45 jpr Prix last week. She isn't a international GP jumper yet... She is only 9 and under a new rider.

Tim
    www.sparlingrock.com

Quote Originally Posted by RyTimMick View Post
    She was entered into a 1.45 jpr Prix last week. She isn't a international GP jumper yet... She is only 9 and under a new rider.

Tim
    I saw that as well but there is a big difference between doing 1 class at 1.45 and being an International GP jumper as we all know. I wish them success!
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."