The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Old Racing Photos

Hello,

About 11 years ago my grandma purchased a race horse who had been injured during a race at Turf Paradise. With his recent passing she is trying to find photos of him from his old racing days in 1997-2000. I am curious if anyone knows of an archive of old winner's circles from that time period. If anyone has any information please help me find SilverLord(KY)1995.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DustyGoofy View Post
    Hello,

About 11 years ago my grandma purchased a race horse who had been injured during a race at Turf Paradise. With his recent passing she is trying to find photos of him from his old racing days in 1997-2000. I am curious if anyone knows of an archive of old winner's circles from that time period. If anyone has any information please help me find SilverLord(KY)1995.

Thank you.
    I am not an insider, but from other similar posts I've read on COTH, I would recommend you call the tracks where he won and ask for the name and contact info of the track photographer.

Silver Lord's page on Equibase is here:
    http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Res...957&registry=T

You can check that for owner and trainer names and go from there. Also, you will see from the charts that his two wins were in Florida at Hialeah Park and Gulfstream Park.

Feb 6, 1999 Silver Lord won at Gulfstream Park. Owner: Springbok, Inc. Trainer: Suzanne Kelly.

His maiden win was April 19, 1998 at Hialeah. His owner was Springbok, Inc. and his trainer was John Jacobs.

Good Luck! It sounds like your grandma will appreciate your efforts.

I rode with Suzi Kelley, I'll do my best to try and get in touch with her. She is probably back in Boston.