The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone else see the Hansen's ad?

So who else saw the advertisement for Hansen in the Bloodhorse?

The impression the ad left on me was "wtf?" It appears as though Doc Hansen himself might have designed it, and I could swear one of the photos of the horse was taken on his iPhone.

Quote: "Schedule a private viewing and see if you agree that he has unrivaled charisma and a compelling presence rarely seen in today's stallions."

Not the ad you would expect for a horse like Hansen.

"Pat the horse; kick yourself" - Carl Hester

Yes...and I'm guessing this isn't what you want to hear...but...

Dr Hansen seems to have unbridled, over the top, relentless love and enthusiasm for this horse he bred, raced and still is the owner of...as in not sold to overseas interests 6 weeks after his last race!

When will he (or any of us for that matter) BREED a horse like this again? (Didn't he save the mare? Can't knock good karma!)

The reality of the ability of Hansen's foals will come soon enough...and not necessarily lacking, look at Tapit...for now tho' I'm willing to appreciate the joy!!

Hope he breeds another and stays in the racing end. Enthusiastic owners who are nuts about the sport are a GOOD thing.

The enthusiasm shown by Dr. Hansen for his horse, is really sweet. It's nice to see an owner/breeder that is so thrilled to pieces with his "baby" that he can't help but show it.
    Good for him! He's earned the right to be as sentimental as he wants to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Star View Post
    Yes...and I'm guessing this isn't what you want to hear...but...

Dr Hansen seems to have unbridled, over the top, relentless love and enthusiasm for this horse he bred, raced and still is the owner of...as in not sold to overseas interests 6 weeks after his last race!

When will he (or any of us for that matter) BREED a horse like this again? (Didn't he save the mare? Can't knock good karma!)

The reality of the ability of Hansen's foals will come soon enough...and not necessarily lacking, look at Tapit...for now tho' I'm willing to appreciate the joy!!

I don't the mare was a rescue case. He gave her away and then got her back, probably well below market value, when he knew she had a runner.