The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Midsouth roll call

It's only a few weeks away!! Who's going?

I'm entered in the T3D... unfortunately I'm the only person from my barn going, my trainer and another student were supposed to do the CCI* but have backed out. It's going to be a longggg drive alone from VA!
    -my life-
    Translation
    fri [fri:] fritt fria (adj): Free
    skritt [skrit:] skritten (noun): Walk

I'm going!

I've got Keebler going Novice and Boscoe at Training. Would REALLY love to move Boscoe over to the T3D since he would really REALLY benefit from steeplechase, I think, but I haven't got the time to get there any earlier and he hasn't got the base of trot work on him that I'd like.

All told I'm going to be making THREE trips to Kentucky in the space of a few weeks! Just came home from Jumpstart, Midsouth in a couple of weeks, then the Wofford clinic 2 weeks later!
    Click here before you buy.

Yay Delta! You looked great in SJ at Jumpstart, looking forward to seeing you again at Midsouth. Then we go into show withdrawal.

My daughter will be there doing her 2nd prelim...best of luck to all the competitors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    I'm going!

I've got Keebler going Novice and Boscoe at Training. Would REALLY love to move Boscoe over to the T3D since he would really REALLY benefit from steeplechase, I think, but I haven't got the time to get there any earlier and he hasn't got the base of trot work on him that I'd like.
    Don't they do a sort of "steeplechase clinic" there during the T3D? Maybe they'll let you take him around a couple of times...

Also, anyone have suggestions for hotels? (Mainly, which ones to avoid...)

I might have to hire some people to help me out on XC day as well... as independent as I am, I haven't figured out how to grow a second pair of arms so I can sponge and walk at the same time.
    -my life-
    Translation

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

I've been known to come down to MidSouth and offer 10-minute box services before. But most of the time, especially with the T3D or a N3D, you can talk to other riders and pool resources to get everyone the help they need.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Ahh!!! I was hoping you were going to do Waredaca so I could cheer you guys on!!! But YAY!!!!! Sooooo excited for you! You two are going to have a blast!

I stayed in the Microtel while there a couple of years ago. About 10-15 minutes away, lots of places to eat within walking distance, etc. It was cheap and clean...my biggest criteria.

I am SURE you can find some help while you are there. Your peeps actually helped in MY box But, I got lots of offers for help. I could have probably manned two boxes with the help that was offered.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbritches View Post
    Ahh!!! I was hoping you were going to do Waredaca so I could cheer you guys on!!! But YAY!!!!! Sooooo excited for you! You two are going to have a blast!
    Haha, sorry. Fitness-wise Midsouth is probably better for him as the footing can be iffy at Waredaca, and I *never* make time there because of the layout. Besides, it's a big occasion, I figured I deserved to make an entire trip out of it.

Originally we wanted to take three horses, but one of the girls isn't ready for a CCI* (despite already being qualified) and therefore trainer doesn't have much reason to spend the $$ on the CCI if it's just little ol' me.
    -my life-
    Translation

Oooh, Fritt, schooling the SC course is a *great* idea. I'm going to ask permission--I'm arriving Thursday night so I could do it Friday, which might even help with our dressage on Saturday!

I always stay at the Residence Inn on Pink Pigeon (Hamburg Place), since they're dog friendly and the rooms are nice and it's close to a Panera. Although my friend slp2 and I managed to get lost TWICE going and coming from hotel to restaurant this weekend. Actually it was me navigating, but she was kind enough not to laugh too hard at my directional lapses!

Stilts and I will be there competing at Preliminary along with NMK. She's letting me stay in her swanky new trailer
    Last edited by horsecents; Oct. 4, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
    1. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

Just found out that my Training team was moved off the wait list! Third time is a charm!
    "Red on the right, white on the left, insanity in the middle."

Samson and I will be doing our first BN together! I'm so excited. I'm going down with a couple people in my area.

New thread just started... volunteers needed! If you are competing, please ask a parent or friend to put in a 1/2 day shift. It takes a huge number of volunteers to run the full 3-day. Thanks! Contact Amy Miller at madisonridgefarm@bellsouth.net if you can help out!
    If you always do what you've always done- you'll always get what you've always gotten.
    Madison Ridge Farm

We are coming from Texas with 3 horses... Laura has Whimsical in the CCI*, Aly is doing the T3D with Bien Bien Dreams aka Aspen and I am off the waitlist and entered in BN with my guy Florian...
    Last edited by Denali; Oct. 2, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

I could volunteer for a few hours on Friday--sent an email!

Does anybody know if braiders are available? My horse can be kind of a handful when braiding.

Can't help you with the braiding (my braids are mediocre), but if anyone is willing to share a [nicer-than-Motel6] hotel room with me, let me know.
    -my life-
    Translation

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

I'm making a trip to volunteer and see my 94 yo aunt at the same time. I figure I need to see her every chance I can get. Don't know how much longer she'll be around.

Any chance for a COTH get together?
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I'll be there!! Midsouth is one of my favorite events and I can't wait.
    Harmonys Maestro: 1992-2008 RIP
    Morally Grey - Training level here we come

I will be there as part of Prelim team Three Chicks and An Old Coot. Braiding services available too. PM me MorganJumper
    "Gallop as if you were to die tomorrow, jump as if you were to live forever."