The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trouble accessing Chronicle on Kindle

Need a little help from the computer gurus!

Until about 4 or 5 days ago, I was able to access all things Chronicle on my Kindle Fire--forums, articles, etc. Now I suddenly can't get to the site through any links. I get the following message:

Bad Request
    Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie

/n

I've tried typing in the address, googling and going in that way, and rebooting the device. No luck, and that's about as far as my troubleshooting knowledge takes me. All other sites and functions on the Kindle work just fine.

Any suggestions how I can get my COTH back? I can still access everything on the other two computers in the house, and they're all on the same wireless network.

Have you tried wiping the browser history? It could be just accessing the recent page rather than re-connecting to the website.

Can you get in through a specific link, ie to a particular article or thread directly, rather than top down?

I've used the Chronicle forums on my Kindle Fire without difficulty, and accessed it last night with no problems, so this isn't an ongoing browser problem as far as I can tell.
    life + horses
    beljoeor.blogspot.com

I had the same error message with Firefox when I tried to access the forum a couple of days ago. I used another browser for a few days and logged back into the forum with Firefox yesterday and it worked. I have no idea what fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by kerlin View Post
    Have you tried wiping the browser history? It could be just accessing the recent page rather than re-connecting to the website.

Can you get in through a specific link, ie to a particular article or thread directly, rather than top down?

I've used the Chronicle forums on my Kindle Fire without difficulty, and accessed it last night with no problems, so this isn't an ongoing browser problem as far as I can tell.
    Yes, tried wiping the browser history, going to specific links/articles etc., can't get in with anything I try. I can't figure it out for the life of me, because I'd never had a bit of problem before with COTH or the forums.

Mayfair, you give me hope.

Smile

I have the kindle and had the same issue, I cleared my cookies and now it works perfect. It was so frustrating!

Okay, googled around and found the solution, just in case anyone else has the problem. I had to reset Silk (whatever that is) to the factory defaults. Under Applications, Clear Data and Clear Cache. Wiped out my bookmarks and such but that's easy enough to fix. Thanks all!