The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Working student opportunities in North/South Carolina?

I generally can't stand threads like this, but here goes.

I find myself currently at a job that I hate, living with my boyfriend who I think I need to remove from my life. I'm young (23) and a talented rider. Why not take this opportunity to be where I want to be doing what I want to be doing (riding horses)?! I am especially interested in anything in or around Tryon, NC but am truly not in a position to be picky. Please PM with any suggestions. Thanks.
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

Look on yardandgroom.com lots of jobs in every state and country listed there. Good Luck! Follow your heart and passion.

check out Lee Cone, I saw on their website something was open.

Lee Cone is a fabulous trainer, he would be a great way to go.
    Lorelei Welsh Ponies - Visit us on Facebook!
    Breeding show quality Welsh Ponies for the hunters, dressage, in-hand, and more!

I'll second Lee- I rode with him briefly when I was in college, and he has a solid program. Also, contact the Farm House in Landrum. They will definitely know who to put you in contact with. Good luck- Tryon is lovely!!
    "Life is too short to be a slave to the whims of others." -- RugBug, COTH

Thanks everyone. I got in touch with Bailey Cone (Lee's oldest daughter) today. We actually used to be very close friends during our junior days, and there were many fun sleepovers at the Cone house! They are good people and good trainers. Hoping it works out!
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

Best of Luck! I used to ride/work a bit at their farm. They are great people. If that doesn't work out and you're down for something a bit different, give Vick Russell a try. I worked for them a few summers and had a fantastic time.

I have nothing to add to this conversation but Best of Luck and congrats to you for being a smart girl and not just settling. I've seen that happen with a few young ladies I known over the past decade, and I certainly give you the standing ovation for going, "Screw this. I do believe I'm outta here."