The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hunter/ Jumper Attire.

What horse tack and rider apparel brands are popular on the A circuit? Thanks

This is a pretty broad question...

I'd say Tailored Sportsman and Charles Owen are some big ones for rider apparel.

Agreed. Perhaps a better way to narrow that question down would be to ask- what product lines are starting to build a following in the united states. I.E. Animo, Veredus, Pikeur, Horze etc. Lines outside of the well established companies like TS, GPA, Charles Owens etc.

Tack: CWD, Antares, Voltaire, Luc Childeric, Mattes, Ecogold, Beval, Equifit, AdT...
    Time for you to get a Smartpak catalogue!

Le Fash Show Shirts are getting really popular on the top circuits. Very fashion forward yet traditional for the hunter ring!

CWD seems to be the really popular saddle right now, along with Pikeur breeches and Animo jackets and other washable jackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna Anderocci View Post
    Le Fash Show Shirts are getting really popular on the top circuits. Very fashion forward yet traditional for the hunter ring!
    I've never seen them anywhere. But you're the owner of the company so maybe you're keeping a better eye out than I am. I think there are forum rules about self promotion of one's own company/items.

For the jumpers, I see tons of the Animo coats and the Pikeur wrap collar technical shirts (even, gasp, short sleeved-- which just seems wrong to me!) Euro seat breeches, especially Pikeur, TS, and actually I saw a ton of Ariat at the Devon Fall Classic too.

For hunters, some of the newfangled coats but a lot more traditional Grand Prix ones, mostly dark dark colors. Wrap collar shirts- in white (I want that trend to die, I adore colored and especially patterned shirts) with contrasting collars and cuffs. Lots of TS breeches, tan not puke green. Lots of really SOFT leather boots.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

There are do many threads in this already.

Former Long Islander now in the middle of the Great Lakes

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna Anderocci View Post
    I took a look at this website as I too have never heard of these shirts. They are lovely shirts however I find a fault with the collar construction , the stripes do not come together and create a line in the middle of the neck.. while the concept is innovative I'm afraid it doesn't work to produce a seamless line. These shirts could double for street attire , but honestly I find the trend toward "from show ring to street" a little to casual. While show clothes should fit well and the new materials are an obvious welcome development I think they should still be based on a clean professional look.. Fads come and go in Fashion, and it seems as of late, that horse show fashion is starting to keep pace with Walmart.
    I also take exception to the model wearing the Shadbelly . Enough with the lowrise breeches and Shads , It is sloppy , and irritating, you might as well have the model in a 1/2 shirt and a pierced belly button poking out from her vest points. while the shad may fit properly it looks like a tall kid in a xtra short coat .. I was so distracted by it I have no idea what the shirt looked like

Mike...I think I love you.

Also, for the record, I dislike the wrap collar shirts, don't think they look as good as a true ratcatcher and choker.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrider23 View Post
    There are do many threads in this already.
    This. How many threads on this do we need? Perhaps a sticky is in order?
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    Mike...I think I love you.

Also, for the record, I dislike the wrap collar shirts, don't think they look as good as a true ratcatcher and choker.
    to both!
    a horseless canuck...

Former Long Islander now in the middle of the Great Lakes

Quote Originally Posted by ifiwereyou View Post
    to both!
    Yes , while wrap collars are conveinant, they do not fit everyone it's easy to modify a real collar but what do you do with a too loose or too tigth wrap collar????

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Wrap collar shirts- in white (I want that trend to die, I adore colored and especially patterned shirts) with contrasting collars and cuffs.
    Don't worry, I still proudly wear my colored and patterned shorts.
    They are very conservative, I would say though! I just can't let go of all my beautiful grey jackets.. the one with the blue windowpane, the one with the hints of green... I have a couple of BEAUTIFUL herringbone shirts that I love! I have almost every color in the Royal Highness Warrenton shirt - I loved it!

Although when I wear my navy shirt, I almost always wear a white or light light blue shirt...