The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Jumpstart Training helmet cam

Well.... Got off to a slow start in dressage, I was genuinely concerned about the beast staying in the arena. Very uncharacteristically, eh.. "fizzy". Anyway, I was dead last after dressage. It was the kind of test Sally O'Connor would have said, "Oh Dear, these are the kind of tests you just want to get through and finish."
    Cross Country was great! Nice course, we shared a few prelim fences. In fact, I decided to jump one instead of my training fence. The brush out at the half coffin 13b. It rode beautifully and I got a TE. Good news? XC was great and I get to ride stadium tomorrow, and I got to say hello again to deltawave! Gotta love it. http://youtu.be/zyfi1OcJtDI

I saw you had a TE and was very concerned! Glad to hear you just had a little too much fun out there :-)

Does this mean the P move-up is a go?

I am green with envy, as I'm back down to BN with my big bay gelding (sold my T horse a few months ago!).
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Thanks for posting--I always enjoy your helmetcams! Never gets old! I was walking my course today and I saw the last portion of your ride--you both looked great. Then I was so bummed when I heard the announcer say you were "E'd" for missing the 13b. At least it didn't happen at an event where you had your best_EVER dressage test!! That's usually when I end up with a letter instead of a score.

Gah, sorry about the TE. Times like that I wish I had a "do over" button! But you guys rocked that course. I love your xc rides, you could set a metronome to your pace and you always give him such a great balanced approach to the combos.

Fernhill Jayce sure was digging that Prelim fence .....
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Buildingthegrove.blogspot
    The Grove at Five Points

It was very nice of the TD to let you finish your cross country ride.

Everytime that I have jumped a Novice fence (or a Training fence at Stone Gate ), instead of my BN fence, the TD has stopped me a couple of fences after my mistake. Actually, the TD and JFS did let me finish my ride at Stone Gate. Jackie said, "If she can jump a Training jump, then she can finish the rest of the course." It was the only time that I have gotten a TE and was allowed to finish.

Thanks for sharing your ride! I think that Jaycee must have thought that you were running Prelim. At the beginning, he certainly was making Prelim time.

Great job, as always!
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

You guys flow XC. Well done! I agree, better to be TE'd when your dressage is...not your best. I can't wait for the Prelim cam!
    --Becky in TX
    Clinic Blogs and Rolex Blogs
    She who throws dirt is losing ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairoshorses View Post
    You guys flow XC. Well done! I agree, better to be TE'd when your dressage is...not your best. I can't wait for the Prelim cam!
    Thanks. Yes, usually those kind of booboos happen when you're in the top three. I think the plan for prelim was a bit premature. When it got closer and I realized I would actually have to do it, the holes in my program made it seem unwise. Gotta have a goal though!

Quote Originally Posted by riderboy View Post
    Thanks. Yes, usually those kind of booboos happen when you're in the top three. I think the plan for prelim was a bit premature. When it got closer and I realized I would actually have to do it, the holes in my program made it seem unwise. Gotta have a goal though!
    Well, you're a really,really good rider so I'm quite sure when you guys make the move you will kick some Prelim bootie
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    The Grove at Five Points

Quote Originally Posted by ACMEeventing View Post
    Well, you're a really,really good rider so I'm quite sure when you guys make the move you will kick some Prelim bootie
    Thanks Acme, If I could ride as well as you do at Prelim, I'd be happy. When is your next prelim helmet cam coming?

Pine Top, 2 weeks! Hopefully no mechanical issues this time.

(and extra gloves!)
    The Grove at Five Points

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    It was very nice of the TD to let you finish your cross country ride.

Everytime that I have jumped a Novice fence (or a Training fence at Stone Gate ), instead of my BN fence, the TD has stopped me a couple of fences after my mistake. Actually, the TD and JFS did let me finish my ride at Stone Gate. Jackie said, "If she can jump a Training jump, then she can finish the rest of the course." It was the only time that I have gotten a TE and was allowed to finish.

Thanks for sharing your ride! I think that Jaycee must have thought that you were running Prelim. At the beginning, he certainly was making Prelim time.

Great job, as always!

You mean Stone Gate and Jackie in Ohio?!

Sloryder,

Yes. I got the TE for jumping a Training fence on Jackie Smith's course at Stone Gate in Hanoverton, OH.

I remember thinking, "Gee. That flower, mulch table surely rode bigger, than it walked."

Riderboy,

You did not blink an eye at jumping that offset, Prelim, skinny brush after the ditch. It was as smooth as butter! You have an excellent trainer and the best ground person (Gryhrs) to help you fix the holes.

How did SJ go?
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

Sloryder,

Yes. I got the TE for jumping a Training fence on Jackie Smith's course at Stone Gate in Hanoverton, OH.

I remember thinking, "Gee. That flower, mulch table surely rode bigger, than it walked."

Riderboy,

You did not blink an eye at jumping that offset, Prelim, skinny brush after the ditch. It was as smooth as butter! You have an excellent trainer and the best ground person (Gryhrs) to help you fix the holes.

How did SJ go?
    No, I was at that trial too. I actually take lessons with Jackie. I to got TE on my XC i jumped the wrong fence So don't feel alone. I'm not trying to call you out I promise. Its just really cool meeting other eventers in my area.

Sloryder,

Riderboy,

How did SJ go?
    Two rails in SJ. Actually had a couple of decent, feels just right fences, I think that's never going to be my strong phase. Seemed like lots of rails in Training and Prelim, at least the ones I watched. I locked on to that Prelim brush a long way out, didn't even think about it. My boy was sooo good. Prelim is still prelim, and I don't want to spend the winter re-building his and my confidence from a too soon move-up. But boy, that XC looked fun.