The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default How do Crosby Sofride saddles fit?

I've been interested in trying a Crosby Sofride saddle and just saw one in my size for sale. Can anyone tell me, in their experience, if the medium tree is likely to fit a withery TB? (Found one old thread with one "yea" but hoping for more.)
    If by chance this info helps, my TB has been wearing a Collegiate Challenge Event saddle for years and it had TONS of wither clearance when it was new. Had tried a Collegiate Senior Event (before they had changeable gullets) on him at that time and it came right down on his withers. He also fit into my dressage Arthur Kottas Vienna, I believe "fit #4" tree, that I bought for my other less-withery horse last year.

Here is a picture of my guy and you can see he has decent withers!
    I ride in a crosby sofride and it fits him really well, I do use a breastplate since it seems to slide back on him when we jump but for flat work it doesn't move as much.
    Hope this helps a little.
    http://flic.kr/p/deTrz3

I have a Crosby Olympia which was the precursor to the Sofride. It has plenty of wither clearance for my horse. I find it a pretty comfortable saddle.

Rick's Heritage in West Chester, PA has a few the last time I was there. They ship and allow trials. One is new but listed is in their used room- it was an 18, I think they had a 17.5 and at least one other used one. That was 2 weeks ago.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)