The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Stall assignments at Jump Start?

It's our first HT at Ky. Horse Park this weekend and getting nervous about finding no stall assignments. Are we looking in the wrong place? On the Jump Start website it says assignments by Sept. 20 but nothing is posted.

Quote Originally Posted by smay View Post
    It's our first HT at Ky. Horse Park this weekend and getting nervous about finding no stall assignments. Are we looking in the wrong place? On the Jump Start website it says assignments by Sept. 20 but nothing is posted.
    I emailed the secy to ask about this as it is my first time at the KHP as well and I was nervous about it (especially since I'm hauling by myself). She said stall assignments will only be posted at the show office (nothing online or sent in advance), so you must trailer to the office before going to stabling. Seemed a bit weird to me, but if that's the process...
    I have Higher Standards... do you?

"For the love of my horse, I know who I am."

Sent you a pm.

THANKS SLR. And gutsnglory, it appears that this is exactly what you do - haul into the park to the show office, and get your stall assignment there. Good luck to you! It's supposed to be pretty nice weather this weekend so it should be FUN!

Yes - I'm really looking forward to it! It has been rainy/dreary all week here in South-Central Indiana, but it looks like the weekend will be dry and nice temps Good luck to you as well!!

Stall assignments are either handed out with your packet or are posted near the stabling.

See you all tomorrow!
    Click here before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    See you all tomorrow!
    Good luck to you too then deltawave!

There's PLENTY of stalls, no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
    There's PLENTY of stalls, no worries.
    Oh - the worry wasn't about GETTING a stall (I paid for it and I know the KHP has plenty!). It was more of a knowing WHERE I'm going when I get there worry. All events I have been to before send out and/or posts stall assignments in advance so that you can go straight to your barn to unload/get horse settled before checking in at the office. So it was just out of the norm for me. No biggie!

Yup, same here. I'm used to arriving after dark, too, and like to know KINDA where I'm going when I get there and unload. But it should be pretty straightforward. Now to worry about getting my kid ready to ride dressage at 8:18 a.m.! hahaha That will be a LOT harding than finding my stall in the dark!

Most Combined Training events at the KHP will have you stop by the show office first to pick up your packet. That way, you will have your number to put on your halter, before riding or walking around.

For those events who do not have stall assignments up on the website, they usually will post them on the wall behind the right hand side (pemanent restroom side) of the show office.

If you are getting in late, then follow the signs to the Jump Start show office, make the left hand turn in front of the office, park your truck and go around to the right side and look for your stall on the back wall. If you have someone with you, then they can go check. If it is dark, then I believe that you will need a flash light.

Make certain to have your health certificates handy, too. The Kentucky officials will stop you just after you pass the trail ride rental place. If you do not have current papers, they will turn you away. (They have been known to take weekends off, but you do not want to chance it.)

I am so sad that I will be missing out on the beautiful weather! Good luck to everyone. I hope that you have a wonderful, safe weekend!
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!