The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

I heard you were very proud. She was also found guilty of two other horses euthanized two weeks before.

Judge Haney started a program for youth at risk. Shayna was his "first" to be enrolled. Due to the election coming up, for his bid to join the state supreme court as a judge, he could not allow his poster child to be found guilty of perjury. He did not even censor her when she stated UNDER OATH that she was a registered Vet Tech.

The citizens saw through it according to Port Clinton Herald and the letters on line and to the editor. He came in last out of a field of three.

You are a work of art Bruce. Who, but you with your ego, would gloat over the painful death of any horse.

But then, you always were "all about you"...Make sure you spell my name right Bruce..

I have admitted we sure learned a lot from that case.

Phone records did reveal Robin called your HS numerous times and witness's did state she requested help. She told nancy she was out of feed and had sold all of her show equipment and used the money for feed.

Glad you are happy about the death of Granny.

Now the readers can see how contemptable you truly are.

Never was about the horses

Surprised you didn't put happy faces in your post Bruce. You and your group killed the mare...document in the trial, and yet you supported the charging of her regarding the death...and the mare who had fallen on ice and was put down two weeks before and the foal who died of unknown causes..vet would not do an autopsy as they knew Robin didn't have the money to pay them.

I am nominating you to United Horseman for H.S. of the week.

Please take this tangent re: an unrelated case to private message to keep this thread focused on the main topic.

Thanks,
    Mod 1

5 members found this post helpful.

Sorry...I took it to another site..you are right..I should not have responded.

I am someone who lives a few miles from their place and I was involved in the property refurbishing. The conditions were not that bad to begin with, the horses on the day of the seizure were in fact turned out to pasture not in the barns, the DEA asked for help with the horses and Ac then stepped in with no warning nor warrent (at least none that has ever been produced for viewing tho they claim they served one to the Dillers), the horses were injured during the move from the farm to Frontier Park where they were held for the duration. They have not bred a horse in over 10 years. The clydesdales they had were geldings except for one old mare.

they pulled guns on the Dillers and threatened mr diller with shooting him when he tried to hellp load a scared mare. they forced him back into his house and refused to let him leave. that poor old man was scared to death.

they actually were paying out $3000 a month for stall cleaning but the people were not doing the work. Mr. Diller would go out every morning at 4 and start to clean, then he would leave for his practice. he'd come home and clean again until 11 at night. He just couldn't keep up.

AC was not able to produce any evidence that the horses should have been seized in the first place. There is so much more, like how J.A. was caught selling some of the horse from Frontier Park and was forced to stop (horses were being loaded and she accepted a check). It's a mess. It's a land grab by the dump (LeMay) and a horse grab by a few less than stellar and non ethical breeders in the area. One of which has to get emergency hay funds from the local arabian club in order to feed her horses each year, she has way to many and has way too many personal issues as well.

needless to say many many horse people in the area have banded together to help the Dillers and we will continue to do so. An inside source at the DEA says no charges have been filed and none will be. it's a mess but we're on our way to clearing it up and we are also working with a coalition and the State Vet to make mandatory procedures for the state for all animal control calls and seizures. It will take time but we're well on our way to get in all lined up and implemented.

Anyway, you were spot on and please keep up letting people know that things aren't always what the media claims it is.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamHeeler View Post
    ...I live a stones throw from the edge of this property (well my property line is).
    The owners of this place are doctors, a married coupled in their 60's. What was done was beyond a doubt the right and only thing to do, and should of been done long ago.
    The horses people have seen via internet or news that look to be of decent weight are actually pregnant Mares of various gestations, as breeding ran rampant and un controled there. They removed no less than 8 stallions from property which all but one were in with other horses. The studs that were removed were all very skinny and under weight. No not all horses were locked in the barn there were a total of 39 Arabs removed, over half were outside in squaller all the same. The barn as the news reported was totally inclosed with no power even ran to it, nor windows or openings for horses to have ventilation or light. There was 3 not 12 (read that somewhere) feet give or take of compacted manure in the stalls of every horse. There was ankle deep standing urine that overflowed into what they used as walkway. Someone claimed that fluid to that of a broken pipe which is not the case, in the clip from the news it showed water buckets in isle way what they did not show is the lack there of in the actual horses stall or the dead birds in the green water that filled the few that were in stalls.
    No not all horses were hard to handle or deal with, however their were several younger horses that had been touched by a human hand maybe a dozen times in their lifes if lucky, and were not only scared but the studs very aggressive through no fault of their own just due to lack of care and handeling. They AC people were there into the night trying to calm catch and handle some of them, the ones that were out in small filthy pens were trying to run through fences if anyone came within 10 feet of them. The horses that were left in dark for who knows how long truly were blinded by light and from what I understand not been told directly to me, but there are issues with their eyes having the ability to dialate properly because of long time exposure to pure dark.
    Some of them had feet that had started to actually curl due to not being trimmed. And as the news stated many had open festering wounds, and other large tumors of some type that had been left untreated and just went wild.
    These same people just a year ago listed a full grown 1900 pound draft Stud on Craigs List stating if you can catch him you can have him, he was essentially a wild horse, that was not underweight no but beyone that had feet that had fallen in on themselves they truley buckeled had lice so bad he was bald in areas, and a slew of other problems not to mention not even halter broke They were turned in then and lord knows how many time since, yes its sad it took the DEA but thank god they were there.
    So anyone who had any questions regarding the validity of the situation should know these horses should of been gone a long long time ago. I have seen the place first hand, and my Aunt works with the Rescue Group that helped move the horses, all done for free and everyone else there gave their time and effort and doing so unpaid ( read somewhere it may be about money). These people should be charged and prosecuted to full extent to the law as they left their animal to live like this as they sat in their big house and drove their BMW's and, this man is an actual practicing MD for a big Medical Group, there is just nooooo excuse it was and is a horrible horrible situation.
    Yuck. How sad to see this kind of abuse and neglect.

2 members found this post helpful.

Has anyone noticed how fast papered stock on large lots of land are seized?

This is rustling not rescue.

Can the livestock owners file horse theft charges against rescues? They should be able to and when you come down to it horses are property.
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6

Sadly, not much can be done to repair the damage PCAC has done to these horses since in their custody. You don't lock up a horse in box, stuff them full of high carb feed, and not expect to have problems. One death due to colic, multiple cases of laminitis, severe lameness (no doubt due to abscess), multiple injuries from their travel experience. There has been damage done to the Frontier Park facilities from "a nutty stallion" that has lived outside his entire life until now. He has been kept sedated the entire time. WHAT were they thinkin' ???
    The Diller's will have their day in court eventually, and Pierce County and PCAC are going to be in for a much needed rude awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsuaveone View Post
    Julia, I had to respond to your comments, as many of them are just plain incorrect. First of all, as the past Director of Ripley's Horse Aid Foundation (RAHF) for Pierce County, I have heard every ridiculous, outrageous, and outright lie about the RELINQUISHMENT (give up or abandon;to let go or surrender; to put aside or detest;to cease holding physically;release) from the Darlene Wilson case, including the one above, (yours).
    Rsuaveone, is your name Rose Corey? I couldn't remember where I had seen the name Ripley's Horse Aid Foundation, so I did a Google search. It must have been the Fugly post from a few years ago. http://fuglyblog.com/2010/06/25/fryi...what-the-fuck/

There was also the ugly, personal sniping that blew up between Rose Corey and the rescue that Pierce County tapped to take over care and control of some seized horses. http://notabreed.wordpress.com/category/ot-people-suck/ Scroll down to the post titled "Ripley's Believe It Or Not".
    Sheilah

1 members found this post helpful.

That is my name. We all know Cathy, with her heinous blogs, that might have about a 10% accuracy rate. Of course she has some serious legal issues hanging over her head, right now, slander for one. At least she takes credit for them. The other blogger is Jenny Edwards from Hope for Horses. I don't believe she even got even one statement correct on her story.
    Last edited by Rsuaveone; Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM.

3 members found this post helpful.

Kathy sold the fugly blog and I pretty certain she isn't dealing with any legal issues

Of course, if there are I'm sure they are easily found as all civil and criminal court activity is public record.
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

All this thread needs is a hint of Celita Kramer and a dash of SWAP to be utterly delicious.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

[QUOTE=Rsuaveone;6672156]That is my name. What is yours? .QUOTE]

My name is Sheilah. I include it on all my posts. I have never met you, or any of the people involved in any of the situations mentioned (current or past). I am just someone who thought I recognized a name and needed some electronic help to place it.
    Sheilah

Just shows how a group of misinformed people spreading completely untrue speculation can damage a great and reputable program, such as Ripley's was in Pierce County. It's the horses that end up suffering. If you not part of the solution of unwanted and uncared for horses, your part of the problem. I have witnessed such a lack of ethics in "the horse rescue world," I sometimes don't want to be associated with them. Thankfully, there are some awesome people doing amazing work, and those are who I choose to associate with and work with.

http://www.smalltownnews.com/article...&catid&catname

Quote Originally Posted by Rsuaveone View Post
    Just shows how a group of misinformed people spreading completely untrue speculation can damage a great and reputable program, such as Ripley's was in Pierce County.
    It seems that Ripley's has recovered nicely since your resignation, and their efforts are in areas that ALL horse people should be able to support with a minimum of politics and personal vendettas. Gelding clinics? Euthanasia clinics? Hay vouchers for short term support? Carcass disposal? Ripley's seems to have identified the problem areas in their community and are addressing them. Kudos to them. It must not have been easy to repair the organization's reputation given how ugly your war of words became. However, it looks like they have done just that.

I don't know what happened to the long post I read from Rose, it seems to have completely disappeared. I think it was tilted "Let The Flood Gate Open"? Of course, it is possible I imagined it. My recovery from surgery has been a little bumpy and reading forum posts at 3 a.m. might help pass the time when I can't sleep, but it doesn't do much for reading for comprehension. Rose, I am glad you have found some rescues you like to work with, since your disappeared post named just about every equine rescue in your state and called them out as being cheaters and "haters".

Anyway, assuming I didn't imagine that post, it is that kind of vitriolic, everyone-is-out-to-get-me-I-hate-my-haters crap that turns so many off of rescue. It turns the general public off rescue and it makes it that much harder for legit rescues that don't involve themselves in it to actually operate.

The more I read about places like Pierce County the more I think each state should have educated, experienced representatives who can be the point people on seizures. Volunteer only, serve for terms of two years. Get the petty, personal bullsh*t out of the process. Because as a horse lover I don't really care if the county hurt so and so's feeling three years ago. I care that horses are being treated as they should be, as they need to be. As a horse owner, I don't care what the non-horse owning public thinks should happen (if the seizure in Pierce County happened the way some say, how many of those DEA agents who asked for the animals to be seized actually knew what they were talking about?). I care that as a responsible owner I am able to continue to enjoy my horse lifestyle.

But that all gets lost in the shuffle when it becomes more about being right, more about scoring a point against the other side. As horse people we should all be active in working on putting together a fair, usable plan for how to deal with issues of neglect and abuse in our communities. Because if we don't, people who have no idea what they are talking about will be the ones to do it.
    Sheilah
    Last edited by IdahoRider; Nov. 18, 2012 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 View Post
    Has anyone noticed how fast papered stock on large lots of land are seized?

This is rustling not rescue.

Can the livestock owners file horse theft charges against rescues? They should be able to and when you come down to it horses are property.
    I would be interested in seeing actual situations where animals have been seized from a piece of property (large or small), only to have the county/state or a rescue come in later and take over ownership of that same property. I know it is a favorite claim for a certain segment to make, and it sure looks nifty on a bumpersticker (Say No To Land Grabs!). But I cannot come up with one actual instance where this has happened. Not one. So how can it be a fear if it never happens?

The other issue I would like to address in the post i have quoted is one of how rescues are involved in seizures. I can think of many instances where the county/state has made the call to seize animals, and because of the logistics involved they call in private rescues to help.

If your area has given private rescues the ability to seize animals on their own, then something is wrong with the laws in your area and efforts should be made to change the laws. I know in my state and every other state that I am aware of, a private organization can't just walk onto someone's property and seize anything. The county/state makes that call. So, in answer to the question of can livestock owners file horse theft charges against rescues as the result of animals being seized: no, because the rescues aren't deciding to seize anything. The government agency in charge is making that decision. And when the agency in question has the legal right to ascertain a minimum level of care, charging them with rustling as they go about doing their job would be a hard row to hoe.
    Sheilah

3 members found this post helpful.

I think the horse theft charges stem from those incidents when the animals are dispersed before the case is over and disappear in channels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

It doesn't appear that the Dillers were awarded all the horses back...minor detail left out from the eye witness at the hearing...

http://www.thenewstribune.com//2012/...l?storylink=fb
    \"Non-violence never solved anything.\" C. Montgomery Burns