The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Well-Fitting Saddle Pictures Needed

Some of you out there that have a well fitting/custom fitted saddle could you post some pictures? I am particularly interested in sweat/dirt marks from said saddle and pictures from the front looking down the channel both with a rider and without. A side view would also be helpful for reference. I don't plan on the pictures making it any further than this board, it's really for my own understanding. I am trying to more thoroughly understand proper saddle fit.

Thanks in advance!
    "Be the change you want to see in the world."
    ~Mahatma Gandhi

I'm interested too.

I have a new custom County Sensation saddle for my boy. I have a few side pictures and I can take the others you asked for today.

I think it's kinda hard to tell with pictures though. These aren't straight on so ill try to get less of a funky angle this afternoon.

I'm interested too, especially the sweat/dirt marks on the pads.

Hequestrian NICE saddle!! Over my entire riding life I'm yet to find a treed saddle that fits any of my horses. It drives me insane. I switched to treeless about 8 years ago & finally got the correct sweat patterns & no sore backs....now that saddle has died with age & I can't find a replacement; they don't make them the same anymore! Just got a Fhoenix which appears to fit my horses well, but makes me ride terribly

Quote Originally Posted by RillRill View Post
    Hequestrian NICE saddle!! Over my entire riding life I'm yet to find a treed saddle that fits any of my horses. It drives me insane. I switched to treeless about 8 years ago & finally got the correct sweat patterns & no sore backs....now that saddle has died with age & I can't find a replacement; they don't make them the same anymore! Just got a Fhoenix which appears to fit my horses well, but makes me ride terribly
    Never heard of that brand... All I can say is I have ridden in a lot of different saddles and this saddle is like a dream... Obviously I still have position issues but that is all me and not the saddles fault haha.

I of course forgot to get the promised pictures today when I was at the barn so I will try to get some tomorrow. It is seriously my favorite saddle I have ever ridden in and my horse is like a different animal... He moves so much better and is really picky about his saddles or he gets sore. I am really happy with this purchase. Hopefully I will be back tomorrow with the requested pictures.

When you say sweat patterns are you asking for on the pad or on his back?

Thanks for the first two pictures!

I am quite interested in the pictures of the sweat/dirt marks both on his back and on the saddle pad. If you could I would also like to see how it sits from the front with weight on it if possible.

On a side note, I'm curious, was the saddle fitted assuming that you would be riding with the sheepskin pad, or does the sheepskin pad enhance the fit?

Anyone else want to share?
    "Be the change you want to see in the world."
    ~Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by besttwtbever View Post
    Thanks for the first two pictures!

I am quite interested in the pictures of the sweat/dirt marks both on his back and on the saddle pad. If you could I would also like to see how it sits from the front with weight on it if possible.

On a side note, I'm curious, was the saddle fitted assuming that you would be riding with the sheepskin pad, or does the sheepskin pad enhance the fit?

Anyone else want to share?
    I have saddle pad pics... Getting a picture while I was sitting in the saddle was easier said than done but I have a friend taking pictures for me tomorrow so I might be able to get her to get some pictures.

The saddle was fitted without the sheepskin pad but my fitter said to use it when I am jumping - apparently the wool compresses and changes a lot in the first 3 months?

In Saddle
    Rear
    Front
    Side
    Pad - Not sure about the spots near the withers... I honestly haven't ever looked at sweat marks too closely but I can tell you that my county rep was out on Friday last week and we fit this saddle to him...

I just bought a Albion K2 it fit my horse, so when I get to a computer I would be happy to post. But for the question about the pad, with him being younger, the fitter had me get the MW with the intention to use it with a mattes pad

You always hear stories about how important saddle fit is, and know it is, but when you ride a horse in a saddle that doesnt fit ( massive growth spurt) and then one that does, the difference in both horse and rider is Amazing!!!! I feel like I have a whole new horse!!!! I'm getting this extended trot that I thought was lost! Would see it in the pasture, but couldnt get it in the saddle!

Anyways, would be happy to post pics if you thunk they would be helpful.
    Posted with my Android smartphone.