The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Heritage Bespoke Saddlery?

Has anyone purchased a saddle from here? If so, how was the end product?

I was thinking about getting a new (not new to me) saddle in the next year-ish. None of my jumping saddles fit my current horse and I'm having a hard time finding a used one that does - it doesn't help that there are no saddle shops in the area that cater to the english rider (unless I want to drive an hour +).

I was thinking about this saddle or this one. My boy has a fairly big shoulder and while a little straight, has a good range of movement. I'm short-ish (5'3"), but with a long leg. I was kinda hoping they could do a "large shoulder" version of the monoflap one, though it seems that they "cut back" the bottom flap so that probably isn't a possibility.

I can't afford to pay $3,000+ for a new saddle. This saddle maker is about a third of the price and will even do calf skin for an additional £125.

I ordered the Yin Yang Lightweight LS saddle this summer and am just waiting for it"s arrival when finished. After e-mailing Matt, it seemed best to choose a custom saddle for my Hanoverian mare with wide shoulders and for me with long legs. It seems that you can basically get any modification that you like .
    I added sticky leather to the seat and larger knee rolls since my mare can be spooky. Also purchased the girth and leathers.
    Excited to get the final product and will take photos when it comes.