The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Kerrits fit

So I feel really bad! I'm a size 12/14 and I bought a pair of the Kerrits Microcord full seats last night in a large and when I got home to wear them, I couldn't get them past my knees!!

Do they run small? I've not had a pair of Kerrits before, and not sure if I'll get another once I return these. I know no one can see my size label but that was a ding to the 'ol self esteem!

I am a huge Kerrits fan but yes their sizing does change depending on the style. For me any of their full seats run a little smaller than their kneepatch styles. Also depending on the material, the sizing is different as well. Their performance tights and power stretch winter tights run big to me. I do love their microcord items though, they hold up wonderfully and I wash and wear them4-5 times a week.
    "Your horse can only be as brave as you are"

Haven't tried the microcord, but had a similar experience with the Sit Tight'n Warm. Ordered XL and it was all good.

I love Microcords. I am a size 12 and wear an XL in them. The full seats will always have less stretch and therefore less flexibility in their fit.

To answer your question, yes. I bought a medium and they are VERY tight. I suppose I should ebay them.
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Default Not alone. . .

I just gave away a pair because they were so low wasted I actually ripped the seam pulling them up for the 100th time that day. I do love the sit tight which are stretchier and another pair (all Kerrits) with gaps in between the patches that also have more stretch.

The ones I gave away are a heavier material with small pockets, can't remember the name of them, but yes the Kerrits all fit very differently.
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

I LOVE LOVE my Kerrits microcords & would have more of them, but they only come in a few colors

I, too, am a 12 & I need the XL. I fit IN the large, but it gave me a bad case of um...camel toe in both the full seat & knee patch versions. Every other part fit fine in the L, but that was not working for me

I have a pair of the bootcuts, but those I have in L & they are fine. I think this is less an issue of a different style & more that every pair is different. This particular pair is ok, but I a fairly sure most L in boot cut won't work

For those of you that wear the microcords, what other breeches/tights have you found that you like that are similar in cut?

The sizing does vary according to style, yes. This isn't unique to Kerrits--I have, and love, lots of Irideon breeches and I wear a M in some styles, a 1X in others. :|
    "I is Roxie!" yep.

Ride on, ride on. All the bad things are gone.

Does anyone else have a problem with the full seat sit-tights with the little gap in the seat material? I find that the little flap above where the stirrup leathers attach (huh, not sure what that is called) tends to get caught in the little place without seat material and then it jabs me in the thigh. Never had anything of the sort happen before. Otherwise I love the Kerrits and want more, but am hesitant to buy breeches I can only do dressage in-- this only happens when I get up in 2-point in my jumping saddle.

So I went and exchanged them, and ended up having to get a 1X!!! That's just crazy with the sizing. They are comfortable, and they are the first pair I've ever bought that was long enough for me. I'm skeptical of trying to buy another style online that I can't try on first if there is this much variation between styles and sizing. Our local store only carries 1 style of the FS.
    Last edited by DoubleDown; Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpsnake View Post
    Does anyone else have a problem with the full seat sit-tights with the little gap in the seat material? I find that the little flap above where the stirrup leathers attach (huh, not sure what that is called) tends to get caught in the little place without seat material and then it jabs me in the thigh. Never had anything of the sort happen before. Otherwise I love the Kerrits and want more, but am hesitant to buy breeches I can only do dressage in-- this only happens when I get up in 2-point in my jumping saddle.
    Weird... I have a pair of these and have never had any type of issue like that. Of course I ride in a saddle that is 20+ years old, so pretty broken in. Maybe it is a combination of the tights + the specific saddle?

I seem to be the odd person out anyway. I have several pairs of Kerrits breeches, all different styles (including the microcord full seats), and I wear a M in all of them. And I'm not exactly a "normal" body type: 5'7" ~165lbs and a size 8 (now)... very large, muscular legs too. I was even about 10-15lbs lighter and a jean size smaller when I bought most of my Kerrits breeches and all still fit. I'm normally a 30R in most other brands. I have more issues with the fit in Ariats than Kerrits.
    I have Higher Standards... do you?

"For the love of my horse, I know who I am."

They definitely run small! I'm 5'11" 135 lbs and wear a 6 in pants, and my FLow-Rise are a large and still fit a little more closely than I think is seemly!

I'm glad u read this, I want to get a pair of the channel rib flex tight, now I don't know if u should get the Xl or 1x... I'm a large in there other tights....

And , us there any actual difference in the channel rib to to microcird?
    Posted with my Android smartphone.