The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Can we talk about Zack?

Came across recent videos of two of his offspring, Sezuan and Zonik and both are incredible in my mind. I love how both use their bodies, beautiful gaits, elastic, uphill, rhythmic movers..just incredible natural ability.

Here is Sezuan (Zack/Romanov/Don Schufro) his first time out..he is three!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWdEB...ature=youtu.be

Zonik (Zack/Don Schufro) at five years old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MiqMVeEzAI

So, has anyone here used Zack semen? What kind of mare does he need? Any thoughts on him or his offspring?

www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Default BLU HORS ZACK

I have used Blu Hors Zack last year and was fortunate enough to get a great stud colt which at three months old was sold to Lois Girard of Alberta. I am very happy with this foal, lots of leg (an improvement on his dam) and very correct. nicely packaged with a smooth topline connection; could be from either the dam or sire. Good slope to the shoulder and well proportioned croup and hind quarters.

This foal was/is very inquisitive, not at all spooky, trusting and friendly,

I was fortunate enought to get my mare to concieve on the first try with his frozen semen however, we flushed her and lost the embryo in the mare. Rebred the mare this time leaving it for her to carry and she conceived again. Our Vet was happy with the quality/motility of the semen
    Doreen Kulcsar
    Key warmbloods
    I will try to attach pictures

Doreen, that is great info. I am glad to hear the semen is good! Do you think the foal has improved movement over the dam?

Congrats in having him go to such a great home, Lois is a really nice person and an accomplished rider. Will be fun to see your boy develop in such capable hands.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

We have an imported 4 year old where I board. He is very tall and leggy with an extremely short back. definitely a striking horse and a good mover, a bit on the hot and spooky side. Just a lot of horse. But pretty much the definition of a modern dressage horse if that what you are into!