The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone feeding Renew Gold?

Started seeing this in my feed store a little while ago. Didn't really give it much thought at the time, since my current feed program is working well. I've recently been given the opportunity to try it basically for free, I just have to go pick it up (feed store owner is not a horse guy and wants to see how well it works).

I've been to their website www.equinerenew.com, and they make some pretty reasonable arguments in their favor and have some good testimonials. I'm not super excited about the Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio, but other than that it seems ok. Looks like it is available in the Rocky Mountain states, Texas, Oklahoma, California and Oregon.

Seems too good to be true, so I'd just like to have some real world feedback before I agree to try it.
    It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.
    Theodore Roosevelt

I fed it for a while, similar situation to yours - store owner wanted to test it out. Wasn't crazy about it. I'd had my guy on Empower before, and saw great results - results that didn't carry over into the Renew Gold. In my opinion, not worth it. He's back on Empower now and looking good as ever. What bugged me most of all was that the bag was half the size of an Empower bag, and the same price.

If your feeding program is working well now, I wouldn't switch, but if it's free, I suppose it couldn't hurt.

I've been feeding it since May and I love it. My horse is shinier than he's ever been, is keeping good weight (he's an air fern) and has lots of energy without the spookiness he used to get on SafeChoice.

The bags are small, but you feed such a tiny amount of it. I did a spreadsheet and it turned out that the daily 1lb of Equine Renews cost less than the daily 5lb of SafeChoice.

In case it matters, my horse is a 12-yr-old Oldenburg showing 3rd level dressage. He works for 45 minutes 5 days a week, is turned out for a few hours each day and goes on the Eurocizer for 30 mins, 5 times a week.

My trainer was so impressed with his condition and focus that she switched her Int-I horse to it, too.
    Savannah Custom Scrapbook Design. For horses...and people, too!
    www.savannahscrapbooks.com
    www.thislifeblog.com