The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Does anyone use the Amigo Bravo 12 for 24/7 turnout?

If so, does/did it hold up for more than one season? Does it fit broad chested horses?

TIA!
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

I have the sheet (no fill). My horse is outside 24/7 with a shed. 3 horses stay out all day and up to 10 total for the daylight hours. I bought it last year in the beginning of the season (Oct), my horse wore it more than his turnout due to the mild winter and it looks brand new after being washed! Very happy with the sheet!

I wouldn't call my horse "broad chested" in general, but he's a chunkier/wider TB and had no rubs from the Amigo. SmartPak has the best deal and has free return shipping on fitted items(IIRC), so might as well give it a try!

I don't have the Bravo, I actually have the Amigo Hero and it has held up wonderfully. It also only has 600 denier while the Bravo has 1200. My horse isn't rough on his blankets, but his buddies thinks its fun to play with them. I've had the sheet for 3 years and last year I had to patch some small holes, but nothing big and I plan on using it again this year! Great durability and waterproofness and my guy is out 24/7 with no run-ins (we have covered areas with the trees)

I am however curious to the responses because I have been thinking of getting a Bravo 12 for my guy so I would have the hood on wet days!

Also forgot to add that my horse is a 17H TB built like a warmblood and I have never had any issues with Amgio products rubbing him. I find that the Horseware products are great for wider horses!
    Last edited by cswoodlandfairy; Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: forgot a description
    Forrest Gump, 15, OTTB
    Little Bit Indian, 27, TB

Owner of Spur of the Moment, Custom made spur straps! Find us on Facebook

okay thanks guys!

I'm going back and forth between the Amigo and a Schneiders. But really liking the 100g fill option. So I think I'm going to go with that.
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

My Amigo Bravo is on year 3, with the horse on group turnout. I very much like them for the price.

yes, i love the Amigo Bravos! they work great for my morgans who are out 24/7
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain