The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ovation Ultra DX. Boom. Done.

I am so pleased with all the input from everyone so far. It truly was very very frustrating to try on pair after pair that would show horizontal creases down the back of my thigh- so icky! For the record I have a horrible time with normal pants too. If they fit in the waist and rear, the thighs are too small- and if they fit in the thigh, the waist is huge!!! Not to mention I need at least a 32" inseam. I did find that aura jeans made by wrangler fit me great. Anyway, I will try some of the suggestions that people have made for breeches. In my opinion, when you are paying $80+ bucks for breeches, they had better look good on you!!!

There is no shame buying breeches a size up so they fit in the thigh and then have them taken in at the waist--I do this all the time with all my clothing. I have a 25'' waist yet with my 32'' hips I easily fill out a size ten jean with my bum. It usually costs me $15, which I'll pay because I like my clothes to fit and fit well, at that.

Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    Ovation Ultra DX. Boom. Done.
    Ditto this. I can't stand sausage casing breeches. The DX fit a little more loose without looking sloppy and the material is incredibly flattering (doesn't grab in the wrong places).
    "Last time I picked your feet, you broke my toe!"

My favourite fit are animo, I have large thighs and a small waist. Some of their styles are for stick legs, but manyfit in the waist and the thigh which is refreshing. Previously all my breeches gaped in the waist if they fit anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by winter View Post
    My favourite fit are animo, I have large thighs and a small waist. Some of their styles are for stick legs, but manyfit in the waist and the thigh which is refreshing. Previously all my breeches gaped in the waist if they fit anywhere else.
    Which are the ones that work for folks like us?

Mine are all several seasons old, but the Nellaria from this season look similar. The ones without the buttons on the fly, slightly higher waist and euro seat. The best thing about them is that they have a lining of spandex through the seat of the breeches that makes them unreal to ride in. After getting them I never ride in any of my other breeches....
    I think the no-limit would work as well but I can't remember if I tried those on. Can you try some on near you?