The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Lightbulb All White TB on Cali Craigslist for $1500

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/grd/3252102414.html

Just passing along. Hopefully it's not a duplicate post.
    Let us ride together; blowing mane and hair; careless of the weather; miles ahead of care...Fat Cat Farm Sport Horses

What a cool horse this would be to have.... Doesn't look that bad from the terrible photo angle.

"Pat the horse; kick yourself" - Carl Hester

"White Omen" is not the name of a registered TB.

Neither is "Bright White Omen" or "Brite White Omen."

Would be curious to see if this horse actually has papers and what his name is.

Interesting....

The fact he is $1500 leads me to believe he probably was not registered. But who knows, at least they gelded him. He could use some exercise and groceries though.
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

That's close to me. I'll call and see if I can get more info.
    Last edited by Watermark Farm; Sep. 11, 2012 at 01:53 AM.

Please post what you find out. He looks like he could use some groceries and some TLC. Sweet face.
    Let us ride together; blowing mane and hair; careless of the weather; miles ahead of care...Fat Cat Farm Sport Horses

Can you look on APHA and see if that is his registered name? It is cheaper to register a horse with APHA then it is with the JC. Possible the owners went this way to save money.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Lyn Farms View Post
    Can you look on APHA and see if that is his registered name? It is cheaper to register a horse with APHA then it is with the JC. Possible the owners went this way to save money.
    ^^ Ditto this thought.

His dam would also have to have been bred live cover to get JC papers.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

The TB sport horse stallion, Bright White, was moved out west from Pennsylvania a few years ago. Bright White is a son of Roanoke and the mare Artic Squaw.
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/bright+white
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Lyn Farms View Post
    Depending on his age, the "must be at least one APHA-registered parent" rule might have been in effect, precluding a JC-registered APHA registration. Having said that, a number of people call any purebred a "thoroughbred" & perhaps that is what the craigslist poster meant.
    Hidden Echo Farm, Carlisle, PA -- home of JC palomino sire Canadian Kid (1990 - 2013) & AQHA sire Lark's Favorite, son of Rugged Lark.

Quote Originally Posted by KBEquine View Post
    Having said that, a number of people call any purebred a "thoroughbred" & perhaps that is what the craigslist poster meant.
    ^^This. I don't have enough fingers to count with to say how many times over the years when I've told people the horse I was riding/handling/etc, was a thoroughbred, and then they promptly ask "What kind?"

I know there have been a couple all white TBs to hit the ground in the last decade or so. Not sure if the Bright White one Viney referenced is related, but I remember hearing a couple years ago about a big name movie horse trainer guy bought one (colt or gelding, can't remember which it was) to add to his string. Talked about how smart the horse was, etc, and his blindingly brilliant coat was just the icing on the cake, so to speak.

I hope someone can pick him up - he looks like a nice fellow!

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

IIRC, Bright White was the sire of Camohn's sadly deceased TB stallion Wild By Design. She said she'd breed to him again in a heartbeat if he had been available still in Pennsylvania.

I just remembered that the sire, if Bright White was his sire, was also registered with APHA. So this horse could be pure TB and registered APHA.
    Last edited by vineyridge; Sep. 14, 2012 at 09:51 AM.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Default Bright White ....

Well just to add to the discussion. I have a gelding by Bright White out of my Trakehner mare Sommer Schwalbe. Great mover, big @17h (mare was 16.2h), high ride-ability with jump. Maybe it will inspire someone to give this guy a chance, if he is by Bright White.
    http://youtu.be/XGBS1-CwlLU

I apologize for not getting back to this thread sooner. I spoke with the owner of this horse. He is not registered, and when I pressed for breeding info, she was not even sure. She worked at a TB farm and took him on when the farm closed in order to rehome him. She thinks he's at least part TB, maybe one that was never registered. She seemed very nice and like she was trying to do right by him. He leads, is good for the farrier, and trailers, but has no other training.

I asked her if she could get some video of him and send it to me, or even get some better pictures, but never heard from her again.

Sounded like a reasonably responsible owner trying to do right by the horse and move him on to a situation where he'd get training. I got the feeling that price was VERY negotiable to a decent home. Here is her Bayequest ad in case someone wants to check him out further. It's quite possible this is a diamond in the rough. I googled the stallion Bright White and the color is very similar...and Bright White stands in Nevada, so who knows...

BRIGHT WHITE OMEN-4 YR White Thoroughbred gelding, Bright White Omen, $1,500, Will Barter, Gelding, Age: 4, Nice SOLID WHITE THOROUGHBRED gelding--brown eyes--halter broke/ok with farrier--email for photos-koolkatn23@yahoo.com Asking 1500.00/offer Possible partial trade for quality horse hay- , 707-367-3645, Send e-mail to advertiser, Send this ad to a friend, AD ID: 164501, Lower Lake, Ca, Submitted On: 08/27