The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TROT JPR this weekend- 9/23

More info here:

http://www.trot-md.org/

Ride will be at RT&3L Farm, 4240 Jefferson Pike, Jefferson, Maryland.
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

I really wish that the TROT rides were longer. They all seem so short that they're hardly worth driving too
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

They are not CTRs, they are generally geared for pleasure riders (alot of us older than younger) who fly a desk 40+ hours a week. There are some around 3 hours, but to ask folks who only ride a few days to do more is a stretch imho.
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

I wish I could go. I'd love to do more judged pleasure/trail rides. But I'm down in NC at the beach currently and won't be back til very late Saturday. I'll need Sunday to rest up before work that night. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by baylady7 View Post
    They are not CTRs, they are generally geared for pleasure riders (alot of us older than younger) who fly a desk 40+ hours a week. There are some around 3 hours, but to ask folks who only ride a few days to do more is a stretch imho.
    I certainly get that they aren't CTR's, but even the local trail clubs like LOMH, TriState, Circle T etc have at least 4 hour rides and those are also mostly older riders. I like that TROT unlike the others requires helmets and coggins, but I can't justify trailering two hours to ride two hours. I guess it was my bad though- I should have read through more than just the places they ride when I joined. Oh well, wasted money on my part, but next year I'll know not to join.
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

Maybe consider siging up as a ride leader and hosting a long ride?
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet