The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Quote Originally Posted by goneriding24 View Post
    From what I've read, yes, there were. I need to reread, I thought she meant $35K for CC's horses only. Maybe she meant the whole set-up.
    I don't see $35,000 as that high. Lets see how my math works. $35,000 divided by 5 months (Sept-Jan) is $7,000 per month, divided by 31 horses is $225.81 per month.
    Even if that is only for grain, hay, bedding and wormer that isn't really that bad. If that includes farrier, vet, equine dentist I think that is pretty darn cheap, at least for my area.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

Quote Originally Posted by SonnysMom View Post
    I don't see $35,000 as that high. Lets see how my math works. $35,000 divided by 5 months (Sept-Jan) is $7,000 per month, divided by 31 horses is $225.81 per month.
    Even if that is only for grain, hay, bedding and wormer that isn't really that bad. If that includes farrier, vet, equine dentist I think that is pretty darn cheap, at least for my area.
    it's not bad, except when you don't have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by D_BaldStockings View Post
    Since obviously I cannot verify numbers, do they say how many horses they are caring for altogether?

How many they have adopted or fostered out since they started last year?

Were the 3 from the Sept. group?

Again, what are their adopter criteria?

Thank you.
    That I don't know. It seems their FB page is now more for auctions and information on horses, rather than the news of their horses, except for the three (?) horses up for adoption. I think there was a grey horse adopted out to someone not too long ago??

Quote Originally Posted by SonnysMom View Post
    I guess I'm looking at it from my POV, out here in the great empty where we do most vet stuff ourselves, although I do use a shoer for my horse now. Too long in the tooth and too creaky to deal with his hoofies. Someone told me they have to use a vet for documenting, can't just do things themselves anymore. So, I guess you'd be right.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!