The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

My thoughts are, with closing the FB group, now people can't see what's going on. Shouldn't a rescue group be transparent (as has been stated but I'm re-stating for effect/purpose)? I'm a member of other groups but they aren't animal rescues.

I should have joined the group early on, then just watched, but didn't. Too engrossed in the whole thing. I'm still curious about the trailer, though.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Try this link: No more mention of the trailer.
    http://www.facebook.com/Northeastern...ref=ts&fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by goneriding24 View Post
    My thoughts are, with closing the FB group, now people can't see what's going on. Shouldn't a rescue group be transparent (as has been stated but I'm re-stating for effect/purpose)? I'm a member of other groups but they aren't animal rescues.

I should have joined the group early on, then just watched, but didn't. Too engrossed in the whole thing. I'm still curious about the trailer, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    I notice that page was just set up yesterday.

Instead of the drama & theatrics of of closing their other page, they could have just set their privacy settings so that others couldn't post to their wall and comments had to be approved. But, they should be giving updates on the horses in their care.
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

So, this is the new, revamped page? The 'everything is fine on the homefront but the real page is only for THE group' page??

I'm glad CCH came back on and explained a little further.

So, what happens now?? Now that's it's out of the bag the *ahem* rescue is possibly using a dog rescue's number to save horses? Or are there bigger fish to fry??

They have pretty much made the "closed" page about other horses - people telling stories and posting pictures - usually the successful rescue story.
    Someone on there has asked the question "Is this a rescue site or not?" Is wondering why no available horses were up. Apparently they are now on the other page but Deanna says it's all in the "process" of being uploaded.
    Really not sure why they closed that page. Apparently website is not up to snuff either.

They have pretty much made the "closed" page about other horses - people telling stories and posting pictures - usually the successful rescue story.
    Someone on there has asked the question "Is this a rescue site or not?" Is wondering why no available horses were up. Apparently they are now on the other page but Deanna says it's all in the "process" of being uploaded.
    Really not sure why they closed that page. Apparently website is not up to snuff either.
    Sounds like they have no clue how to effectively use FB groups, pages, and their own website. I know you are shocked.
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirljenn View Post
    Sounds like they have no clue how to effectively use FB groups, pages, and their own website. I know you are shocked.
    Well, just a little shocked, but, I have to say, I have my FB page and website for my business and, truly, for me, it's hard to keep up! I was totally clueless about the internet stuff and now have been shoved kicking and screaming onto it. I have adapted and learned to deal with it. Getting it streamlined has been a 'w'itch (think rhyming word) to deal with. 'That' I can empathize with.

Still, I'd like to know about the licenses or numbers for this place.

Well, just a little shocked, but, I have to say, I have my FB page and website for my business and, truly, for me, it's hard to keep up! I was totally clueless about the internet stuff and now have been shoved kicking and screaming onto it. I have adapted and learned to deal with it. Getting it streamlined has been a 'w'itch (think rhyming word) to deal with. 'That' I can empathize with.
    Well, now you just have to get up to speed with Twitter & Pinterest

Still, I'd like to know about the licenses or numbers for this place.
    Oh, I can understand having to struggle to keep up with the technology. I've refused to do anything with Pinterest because FB and our website keep me busy enough for the rescue. BUT if you want to run a nonprofit, you need to make that commitment. I have seen how very much FB has helped the rescue.

BUT they're not professional, and you've GOT to run a professional FB page and website to be taken seriously.

And I'll learn about Pinterest after our big fundraiser (Bluebonnet Horse Expo) is over and I've taken a couple of days off to sleep. (I miss sleep.. ).
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

BUT they're not professional, and you've GOT to run a professional FB page and website to be taken seriously.

True dat. I've learned I had to flat sit down and take the time to do things, and I still get behind. Not an excuse but it's a bigger commitment than I thought it would be in the first place. Heh...

And I'll learn about Pinterest after our big fundraiser (Bluebonnet Horse Expo)
    I am on Pinterest but it's my personal one and still haven't gotten around to doing a biz one, if there is such a thing. Twitter is my personal one but it's such a name, no one thinks it's personal.

And another thing, keeping up with all the passwords?? Yikes. So, now I understand why a lot of companies have internet folks just for their internet stuff. I'm not that big....yet....

Oh, I can understand having to struggle to keep up with the technology. I've refused to do anything with Pinterest because FB and our website keep me busy enough for the rescue. BUT if you want to run a nonprofit, you need to make that commitment. I have seen how very much FB has helped the rescue.

And I'll learn about Pinterest after our big fundraiser (Bluebonnet Horse Expo) is over and I've taken a couple of days off to sleep. (I miss sleep.. ).
    What I love is that you can set up Twitter & Pinterest to automatically post the Tweet or Pin onto your FB wall.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Pinterest; but sadly, I have cellular, which is limited and slow, broadband; so not a good match for Pinterest. But, I think it would definitely be a great tool for a rescue.

Yes deeply shocked.

Sounds like they have no clue how to
    effectively use FB groups, pages, and their own website. I know you are shocked.

I have 2 FB pages a website and I tweet. Pinterest will just have to wait.
    I get in enough trouble on FB

Quote Originally Posted by ldaziens View Post
    Well, now you just have to get up to speed with Twitter & Pinterest

I get in enough trouble on FB
    I manage to do the same. Just in the past two days, I was called some charmingly misogynist names. Heh... Didn't even have to break a sweat.

Anywho, still waiting to hear about the licenses and all, if anything will be forthcoming anyway.

Apparently I missed a discussion about CCH's horses.
    All the messages again got deleted.
    Someone said they were not prepared for the 31 horses coming in. Big shock there.
    Apparently Canada has closed it's borders to our horses for slaughter.
    Certain auctions were notified and they mentioned Fallon, NV.

One person I know was banned from the rescue's page for asking if it was a page for a rescue or for posting pretty horses. She asked, very politely, if the rescue planned on posting pictures of horses or information about the rescue.

She was torn to pieces by the members and then banned.

It was copy/pasted on my personal forum.
    ~ The Goat Whisperer
    Website

She was the one that got banned???
    Dang I thought she asked a relevant question.

Quote Originally Posted by Epona142 View Post
    One person I know was banned from the rescue's page for asking if it was a page for a rescue or for posting pretty horses. She asked, very politely, if the rescue planned on posting pictures of horses or information about the rescue.

She was torn to pieces by the members and then banned.

It was copy/pasted on my personal forum.

Tyra? Yes. She was banned from the page for that.
    ~ The Goat Whisperer
    Website

Tyra Rhnee Canary I am confused. Did this board turn into another place for people to share their horse pictures, or is it a rescue board?
    Like · · Unfollow Post · Yesterday at 11:35am via mobile
    Seen by 2

Deanna Tierney Both
    Yesterday at 11:36am · Like

Deanna Tierney We were just asking about everybodys horses. Pictures, stories, etc.
    Yesterday at 11:37am · Like

Montie Lyn Robison Liebsack I thought it would be a fun way for all of our members to kinda get to know each other and interact with each other by sharing our personal horses and some of the stories behind them. smile
    Yesterday at 2:39pm · Like · 2

Montie Lyn Robison Liebsack I asked in an earlier post for everyone to share their personal horses, and the stories behind them, as a way for all of our members to kinda get to know each other and to interact with each other. Just thought it would be a fun way for our members to make new friends in this group. smile
    Yesterday at 2:47pm · Like · 2

Tyra Rhnee Canary Honestly, I joined the group because it was supposed to be about rescue, not "all the pretty horsies".
    19 hours ago · Like

Deanna Tierney It is about rescue. Many of the people here have rescue horses. Their stories can help others with rescues or people that are considering adopting a rescue horse.
    19 hours ago · Like · 3

Montie Lyn Robison Liebsack I'm sorry that you are offended by our attempt to make the group a warmer place, and to get to know each other better with "all the pretty horsies", as we are all here to ultimately help the rescue horses. There is not a lot that is being posted by the rescue itself at the present moment, so this seemed like a good opportunity to bring something like this to the group.
    19 hours ago · Like · 2

Pattie Keller Zambrzuski http://www.facebook.com/Northeastern...ref=ts&fref=ts this has the horses available for adoption at this time that the rescue has gotten up
    Northeastern Nevada Equine Rescue,Inc.
    Available for Adoption!
    Page: 67 like this
    18 hours ago · Like · 1

Angelique Bookman Tyra Rhnee Canary this is a rescue wall--- where we all come together as a group and get to know each other and share stories of experiences and the life we have with horses... there are always rescue efforts going on and horses being cared for--- it w...See More
    18 hours ago · Like · 1

Montie Lyn Robison Liebsack Well said, Angelique Bookman! Rescue so often has such an ugly side, that we sometimes need to bring some light into it. I'm happy to know that I am not the only one who has enjoyed all of the posts from our members concerning their horses! smile
    18 hours ago · Like · 3

Pattie Keller Zambrzuski don't forget Harvey!
    18 hours ago · Like · 1

Montie Lyn Robison Liebsack Yes!! Harvey the sheep who thinks he is a pretty little horsie!! I must meet Harvey someday!! wink
    18 hours ago · Like

Pattie Keller Zambrzuski Harvey passed away about 5 years ago but dang he could keep you laughing
    18 hours ago · Like

Montie Lyn Robison Liebsack Bummer!!!! I would so have loved to meet Harvey!! frown
    18 hours ago · Like

Tyra Rhnee Canary Offended is your word, not mine. I joined the group because it was a rescue group, and have not seen any info shared about rescue. No tax info, nor horses available. I have sat back and patiently waited.
    18 hours ago via mobile · Like

Pattie Keller Zambrzuski that's on the open page that went up last night
    18 hours ago · Like · 1

Pattie Keller Zambrzuski some of the info is in the files on this page I just noticed
    18 hours ago · Like · 1

Montie Lyn Robison Liebsack Well, I guess no matter what is done or posted, not everyone will agree with it, sigh.
    18 hours ago · Like · 2

Montie Lyn Robison Liebsack Tyra Rhnee Canary ~ horses currently available for adoption through NNER are listed on their adoption page ~ Northeastern Nevada Equine Rescue,Inc.
    18 hours ago · Like

Elizabeth Stiles http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...cueInc?fref=ts This is the link they're talking about. Although they definitely need a volunteer to set up a real website with more comprehensive information.
    Northeastern Nevada Equine Rescue,Inc.
    Available for Adoption!
    Page: 67 like this
    4 hours ago · Like

Deanna Tierney All this information is in process of being downloaded to the website.
    4 hours ago · Like · 3

Brigette Norman I guess people think this **** happens by clicking your heals. Pay attention to the page and you'd see more than the pretty horses. Would you rather the rescue be out all day caring and nurturing these horses or making sure that the Facebook page is "proper" enough for everyone. Jesus Christ people SHUT UP. It was a great opportunity for everyone to brag about there rescues and maybe give someone else the courage to take on the task by showing and sharing there stories and after maths of rehabilitation. This page is wonderful and so is each and every one of the people contributing! You can't satisfy everyone nor should you feel obligated to. Someone who truly understood the hard work would realize it rakes time to get everything in order.
    2 hours ago via mobile · Like · 4

Kim Goff Nicely said !
    about an hour ago via mobile · Like · 2

Tyra Rhnee Canary No. Stuff happens by being honest, and not hiding things. And by not removing people when they ask honest questions. I am also intelligent enough to not have to use foul words and anger to get my point across. I tried sitting back and waiting for the answers to the questions that other were asking, but it seems none are forth coming. There are a lot of nasty rumors going around about this rescue, and I try to keep an open mind, and to be patient before I make a decision. However in this case, I seriously wonder. I am sure I will be blocked for not being all buttery farts and rainbows, but that is not what makes the world go round. I really do wish the hoses well.
    21 minutes ago · Like

Angelique Bookman Who are you to judge what is going on or not going on at this rescue? Who are you to question the validity of the rescue? Who is anyone to act the way you are acting towards people doing a great service? You must have a lot of time on your hands to wor...See More
    14 minutes ago · Like · 1

Angelique Bookman and if you really are looking for the good in this rescue- I doubt you would be being such a poop! You are probably just here to keep tabs and report back to those that are spreading the nasty rumors... if you were here out of the goodness of your heart you wouldn't be such a fart!
    12 minutes ago · Like · 1

Tyra Rhnee Canary
    My drama?? How I am asking? This is a rescue who is out asking for donations, and we, the public, is not allowed to ask questions about the rescue? Really? If you were planning on donating money, or time, or supplies to a rescue, or other place, would you not ask questions to make sure that your funds or goods would be used correctly?
    12 minutes ago · Like

Montie Lyn Robison Liebsack NNER has been honest and has not hidden anything ~ there are certain things invovling the CCH horses that cannot be released at this point. We realize that not all answers are coming out as fast as some people would prefer, but again, the work with the horses comes first, before anything else. There are a very small group of volunteers who are close enough to help, so it limits the amount of time Deanna can dedicate to everything else with the rescue. You, Tyra have been here for 2 weeks, you really have no idea as to all that has & is going on with the rescue. Yes, we are well aware of the nasty rumors, and the nasty people who start them as well as the nasty people who believe them, but the horses MUST be our first and foremost focus. To me, it sounds like your "open" mind was made up before you came to this group. As for your buttery farts and rainbows, well, if you do not want to be part of the friendly community that makes up this group, you are welcome to leave at ANY time. We have removed & blocked people who were here to do nothing but cause trouble, and we will continue to do so, if need be, to keep this a pleasant group dedicated to helpking horses. If you would like top argue & ***** about NNER, well I'm sure there are other groups & forums that you could go to that will welcome you with open arm, lol! smile
    11 minutes ago · Like

Tyra Rhnee Canary I have no beef with anyone, nor have I attacked anyone at all. No name calling on my end. I have a little bit more class than that.
    11 minutes ago · Like

Montie Lyn Robison Liebsack Hmmm, maybe it was your nasty, unpleasant and accusatory attitude?!
    8 minutes ago · Like

Tyra Rhnee Canary And again.. show me where I have attacked anyone, much less this group. I asked a simple question, and was then accused, judged and hung by a group of people who have no idea who I am. You are correct, I have been here two weeks, and in that two weeks, have I made one single derogatory remark about anyone on this board, or this rescue? No I have not. So, to accuse me of such may be either a guilty conscience, or simple ignorance.
    7 minutes ago · Like

Angelique Bookman So classy! You're attitude is worse than any vulgar word or name calling ... Your level of class ---- real classy.
    6 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1

Angelique Bookman Your insinuations are plenty. Your attitude speaks loud and clear. The forms you asked for are here and readily available to you if you'd pay attention... They have provided much more information to all of us than they need to.
    3 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1

Montie Lyn Robison Liebsack And the info that you requested regarding taxes, etc. has been posted. The CCH pics are being organized in an album to be posted when it is done. You recieved an honest & polite answer to your original question, and yet you continued with your doragatory attitude towards the rescue & it's members, but yet you want to turn it all around now....anyone can go back & read the prior posts and see for themselves what the truth is. No class in that.
    3 minutes ago · Like

Tyra Rhnee Canary Woa... where, Montie Lyn Robison Liebsack was I "nasty, unpleasant or accusatory"? I really do not believe that you will be able to produce any evidence as to such. It is all in perception. I have no attitude, again that is your perception. Simple questions asked, and the people that are supposed to be "friendly" are attacking me, and calling me vulgar?
    2 minutes ago · Like
    Write a comment...

She was then banned.
    ~ The Goat Whisperer
    Website

I had seen most of it - really don't see why she was banned. Maybe the open and honest part??? LOL