The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default In case anyone wants an excuse to drool over some beautiful horses...

The 2012 Goresbridge Go for Gold sale catalogue has been launched...
    http://goresbridgegoforgold.com/2012/catalogue/

Wow, some NICE looking horses!!!

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Is it just my computer, Firefox or something else? The text is very bright and clear, but the photos are not. They show signs of pixillation. I seem to recall the same problem last year. Some of the photos and photo ads are almost unviewable.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    Is it just my computer, Firefox or something else? The text is very bright and clear, but the photos are not. They show signs of pixillation. I seem to recall the same problem last year. Some of the photos and photo ads are almost unviewable.
    I also see quite a lot of pixelation on the photos when I download the pdf catalog. I imagine the reduced the quality on the photos to keep the file size from getting ridiculous?

I see a little pixillation but everything is relatively clear. I'm using chrome.
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

I tried it on Comodo Dragon, which is a version of Chrome, and still got messy photos.

What did pop out at me was how many were by King's Master; and how many had very short cannon bones front and rear.

I did fall completely head over heels in love with one filly who is tiny. Lot 39.

Question: A lot of these young horses have show jumping sires and have already competed in showjumping classes. Is that the traditional Irish way to bring along event horses? I'm sort of wondering if some of them might have been bred for showjumping and re-routed to eventing because they didn't make the cut for UL showjumping.

Unless you are viewing the catalog on the website, the browser is immaterial.

Whenever I attempt to view the catalog on the website I get an error that it is taking too long to download and please download the PDF for viewing. If you're not getting this error, but having problems viewing the catalog directly from the site, the link to download the pdf is directly under the pic of the cover (in 12 point font, so east to miss.)

That's odd, I have no problem viewing it although, yes the photos are pixelated. I viewed the PDF after saving a copy to my desktop.
    Young horses over here would often get a pretty varied upbringing, between showing in hunter classes at agricultural shows, to showjumping, to hunting. It's just a way to get them out and about and to see things and round off their educations.

In some cases, the producers are dual discipline in that they do both showjumping and eventing, so it stands to reason that the horses are brought along to SJ schooling days if they are being produced as eventers.

There are quite a few Ghareebs on there too. As far as I remember the sale topper was a Ghareeb last year. Interesting to me how many more traditional (ID x ISH or ID) horses are there. I was in fact surprised by the lack of continental breeding on there.

That's strange - I'm not having any trouble viewing it (using chrome over here). I keep finding myself coming back to Nos. 13 and 25. Sigh...if only I were in the market to import a horse from Ireland.

Just had to say it.

RIP Ghareeb.

Will he have a 2013 crop? I simply can't remember exactly when he died.

Default videos

Now they have videos posted....oh to have an unlimited supply of funds and time!!

Oh man. Lot 10. Num nums....
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Just out of curiosity, how much might one of these fine specimens go for? (ballpark figure)

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Oh man. Lot 10. Num nums....
    Snap!! That was actually one if my favourites too!!
    I suppose the hardcore eventers would prefer a bit more TB blood, but I thought she was beautiful and beautifully put together.

I've got my eye on #4... Mousa Kousa. Already doing 1.20 over there and looks quite brave... I could see him being my next jumper quite easily.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

im not having trouble viewing either....some of those horses...oh my. do they do this sale every year?

I hope they do!

Quote Originally Posted by Napoles View Post
    Snap!! That was actually one if my favourites too!!
    I suppose the hardcore eventers would prefer a bit more TB blood, but I thought she was beautiful and beautifully put together.
    She's lovely...sort of how I hope my (mostly TB) ISH matures into, though he won't be as brave I don't think. Or tall.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

#39. Be still my beating heart!

I'm also curious what horses like this sell for, overseas.

Okay.. I may be crazy but #63 Commander Fox looks drool worthy. Not great with bloodlines but just as a stand alone I thought he was nice..

I second the question above.. How much do they go for?