The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Great Dane in need of forever home- WI

Hi All,

I have a senior Great Dane up for adoption. She belonged to a local breeder who wanted to euthanize her because she was too old to have another litter.

She has now been spayed/dewormed/vaccinated, heartworm neg., and is in fantastic shape for her age- she's approx 6 or 7. She's just delightful.... sooo sweet, really good girl. Housebroken, reliable, dog & cat friendly. Still very playful and charismatic, doesn't act like a "senior" at all. She is black with white paws and white on her chest & muzzle, has cropped ears and is probably about 30-31 inches at the shoulder, 115 lbs. I can't say enough good things about her... I'd keep her myself, but my 2 boys keep me busy and broke enough as it is :-)

It is not an emergency as I will be able to care for her as long as necessary, and will also be working with the Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue to place her if I cannot find a suitable home for her on my own. However, I'd really like to get this girl started on her new chapter with her own loving forever family... she deserves it!

Please spread the word and let me know if you hear of any interest! I am willing to deliver her to homes within a 200ish mile radius, but will also be I will be thoroughly vetting potential adopters and will require references. I can be contacted by PM here or by email at Jenlori8@gmail.com. Thanks!!

I wish I could take her, but SO would strangle me if I brought home another Dane (idk why...I mean we have plenty of room..hmph!)
    Anyway, I just wanted to bump this for you! They really are the best dogs in the word.

Hope you find her a great home
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

Just a friendly bump for this older girl, who has plenty of life left in her.

I have a coming 9 y/o brindle Great Dane bitch who I've had since she was 12 weeks old. Best. Dog. EVER.

Love Great Danes. When my girl passes, I'm hoping to find another one or even two who need a good home.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

Man. I'd love to have her but we're a bit too far away.

Maybe a Dane train can be organized to get her to her new home? If anyone out East wants her I can volunteer to do a leg from South Central PA to Eastern PA or NJ
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86