The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for the website of a H/J barn in the Middleburg Area.

This is Virginia by the way!

I was recently at a beautiful barn that i was hoping to get a website or an owner's name. I was a Chad Keenum's farm in The Plains, and it was probably a 45 minute drive (give or take) to this other facility, but it was beautiful. I know the owner is an older woman (she said her name but mumbled it) with greying hair, and the trainer is a younger woman with reddish hair and freckles. She works with off the track thoroughbreds, retraining them for hunter/jumpers.

The inside of the barn had a rubber aisle, with light colored, finished wood. the tack room doubled as an office, and there was a really cute little jack russle who stayed in there. and there was a hallway that led to another door and on the wall they had pictures of some horses and riders. maybe 12 stalls? there was two wash racks, with doors leading outside on the far wall, and the were divided by a wall with a cabinet that had grooming supplies. each had its own light. the outside of the barn was a darker stained wood color, with a green roof, and it had over hangs on both sides. (so the horses could stick their heads over the dutch doors and not be affected by the weather.

there was also a black and white collie looking dog running around (if that helps)

the indoor ring is what really stood out to me. it was a steel structure, and the rider barrier was a beautiful honey colored finished wood. and the footing was amazing. it looked like sand but on closer inspection it had felt and anti-dust stuff mixed in (and im assuming it wasnt sand, maybe something like it). we walked in at the side, there was a gravel path from the barn that led around to the side of the indoor, but you could also take this path down a hill to the outdoor ring, which was hidden from the indoor by some trees.

Does this barn sound familiar to anyone? i am really hoping for a website, but a name would work as well. I have some pictures but i'm unsure how to add them?
    Last edited by EquitationDreamer; Sep. 19, 2012 at 07:15 PM.