The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    City of delusion in the state of total denial

Those are beautiful. I'm with the people who say they don't care for the look of a bow bigger than the pony. But I bet your daughter and all the friends she's about to make at the shows would love them. And that's your market, not a decaffeinated childless grump posting from work. Still, it might not hurt, as you expand your selection, to have some different sizes available. From an aesthetic point of view I really like the contrast in color and texture.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    Those are beautiful. I'm with the people who say they don't care for the look of a bow bigger than the pony. But I bet your daughter and all the friends she's about to make at the shows would love them. And that's your market, not a decaffeinated childless grump posting from work. Still, it might not hurt, as you expand your selection, to have some different sizes available. From an aesthetic point of view I really like the contrast in color and texture.
    This really made me laugh! I definitely agree that providing options for the more AND less "showy" would be wise. I usually prefer more simplistic items, myself, especially in the hunter show ring, but something just kind of took over that morning and those bows practically created themselves.
    "Absent a correct diagnosis, medicine is poison, surgery is trauma and alternative therapy is witchcraft" A. Kent Allen
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/tailsofglory

JackieBlue- if you end up selling them at shows, you could make them a bit long and then trim them to the length that the customer requests.

So am I the only one that avoided this thread like the plague thinking someone had gone off and wore a showbow - you know, the black ribbony hairnet thing worn at the base of the neck? I mean my eyes were sore just thinking about it!

Then I clicked in and read it's about bows for pony kids. And beautiful ones at that! I'm so relieved.

OP - your bows are really pretty. I know our moms would love to buy some like that!
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. (Aristotle)

Oh no. I didn't even think of those things!! Eeeeew!! So what are pony jock bows called? Is there a widely recognized term for them?
    "Absent a correct diagnosis, medicine is poison, surgery is trauma and alternative therapy is witchcraft" A. Kent Allen
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/tailsofglory