The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JanM View Post
    Peta and their allies like ALF have released all kinds of animals. Minks and other animals from fur farms, dogs at shows (I don't know anyone at obedience or regular shows that leaves animals unattended for a second), and did have two employees collecting giveaways from shelters and vets' offices in NC, and killing them in the van on the way back to VA-they were caught because they kept dumping carcasses in the same grocery store dumpster.
    Why would people who claim to be animal rights activists kill animals they had taken from shelters?

Quote Originally Posted by EAY View Post
    Why would people who claim to be animal rights activists kill animals they had taken from shelters?
    I could not make any sense, whatsoever of that last bit, either. It seemed so irrational that I just left it alone, assuming typo of sorts.

There are lots of threads on PETA that cover all this. PETA is everything listed here and worse. The point is they want animal rights, not welfare - they want animals to be on the same level as people. Basically, they assume animals are better off dead than 'enslaved' by people.

I was at a dog show where someone from one of those groups stole a van with dogs inside, and they drove it away and set it on fire. They're willing to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_charm View Post
    There are lots of threads on PETA that cover all this. PETA is everything listed here and worse. The point is they want animal rights, not welfare - they want animals to be on the same level as people. Basically, they assume animals are better off dead than 'enslaved' by people.

I was at a dog show where someone from one of those groups stole a van with dogs inside, and they drove it away and set it on fire. They're willing to do anything.
    OMG! That's horrible. So to PETA it's better to kill the dogs than let them live? Animals are not on the same level as people. WTH is wrong with these people? Do you know if whoever killed the poor dogs were caught and made to pay?