The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by NJRider View Post
    Signing yourself as the trainer has nothing to do with your AA status...it is about responsibility.
    I understand that. If she is willing to sign as trainer, then she won't have to pay the non-member-trainer fee.

I never said, nor even thought, about amateur status.

What does amateur status have to do with the issue being discussed?
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Believe it or not, there are people that think signing as the Trainer on an entry form as Trainer compromises AA status. I thought if the person was insisting their trainer sign and paying a fee, perhaps they misunderstood that they could have signed themselves.

We are in agreement then.

The only question is whether she is willing to take responsibility in case of a positive drug test.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

I'm very grateful for the fact that my horse came with a lifetime USDF ID.

That said, I have this ridiculous superstition about signing him up for a lifetie anything else--seems like a guarantee that he will go permanently lame tomorrow.

1 members found this post helpful.

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

Quote Originally Posted by SaddleFitterVA View Post
    USHJA now requires a number, my first round of horses were grandfathered in with their USEF lifetime number, but any new ones will require payment. Unless they took that back out.

To be honest, I would show in more disciplines, more often, except for all the. Membership requirements of USEA, USHJA but I'm a lifetime member in USDF so I tend to stick to local or schooling shows in the other disciplines.
    The USHJA uses the same number as the USEF; you don't have to have two separate #s. If the horse is not recorded with the USEF, I believe there is a modest one time charge to get the number, but at least there is only one to keep track of.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

Quote Originally Posted by War Admiral View Post
    THIS. Plus dressage GMO, state & local H/J associations, and breed organization. ALL of whom have their hands out EVERY time the horse is leased. It gets redonkulous after a while.

Anyway, my horse now has a USDF horse ID along with his other 3. Thanks for the help everyone!
    totally agree! I had to join all of that stuff to be able to compete Louie in the ASHA sport incentive program this year. USEF and USDF for me and him, local GMO, ASHA, and the local chapter MSHA. . . argh. had to pick and choose just a little bit as the costs are seriously bank breakers. . . cost me more than 3 months of board to join all that crap! had to skip Tri State this year. Everybody wants a chunk of your pocketbook before you can even think about competing!

Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post
    This is still true. If you have a USDF number for your horse (HID or Lifetime), USEF will assign a free HID number for your horse.

So if you only want to pay for one number, have it be the USDF number. (The cheapest is the $25 HID number.) This will get you into the show ring, but will not get you into regional qualifiers or championships.

For regional qualifiers and championships, you must have a full Lifetime USDF number ($95) and an Annual ($75) or Lifetime ($200) USEF number. HIDs from either organization won't cut it for these classes.
    Just to clarify, a Lifetime USDF is not enough for USDF regional qualifiers and championships? (I know you said that, but I just wanted to double-double-check because the organizations' information doesn't make it very clear.)

TIA for everyone's patience
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

Quote Originally Posted by Horseymama View Post
    As a jumper and dressage rider, I get really frustrated with this system. I ride and train many young horses and they compete in both disciplines in the same year at rated/recognized shows and I feel sometimes like I have numbers coming out my a**. I don't know why we can't just have one main organization the (the USEF) and "divisions" of the USEF for each discipline. Having another additional separate governing body for dressage makes no sense to me.

I have a USEF number for myself, a USDF number for myself and an ODS number (Oregon Dressage Society number, which I am also required to have), plus a USEF, USDF, and USHJA number for each horse I ride. Dumb. Needless to say, doing entries is a painful process!

Why couldn't I just have one number for me and one for each horse?
    This will be me the next few years Add in that I also show the Arabian breed circuit and the memberships make me want to faint.

Quote Originally Posted by AllWeatherGal View Post
    Just to clarify, a Lifetime USDF is not enough for USDF regional qualifiers and championships? (I know you said that, but I just wanted to double-double-check because the organizations' information doesn't make it very clear.)

TIA for everyone's patience
    For regional qualifiers and championships, you need numbers from BOTH associations. And HID numbers are not enough, they must be the full registrations/recordings. That means a Lifetime Registration from USDF, AND either an Annual Recording or Lifetime Recording from USEF.

1 members found this post helpful.