The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    It's nice to have a new shopping option, but their "bait and switch" sales are just annoying. 50% off the colors and sizes nobody wants, great. I hate that.
    You must be thinking of equestrian collections. I didn't need any breeches, but they had plenty in my size (30, which I think is pretty common). And great color selections on saddle pads. And they even had a dark brown polo, which I have been searching for everywhere.
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Agreed deltawave- I was eyeing some breeches but the pair I wanted were 50% off 119.00 NOT 50% off the 58.00. It still a fantastic deal but I dont need anymore "off color" breeches, which were the only ones that were 58.00.

I got baited by the advertised price but it switched when I choose the color(s) that I wanted !

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Also, I have two emails from them, including one that apologizes for the coupon code not being active yet. What is it, anyone know? Need to try shetland size tendon boots on poor Odie, am barn bored with Rory off to the trainers.

tendon...boots...donkey...precious...my precious...*wordless creepy Schmiegel noises*
    Not to hijack...but this is a must. WITH PICTURES. (Preferably of Odie going over a perfect little crossrail, lol!) I have to confess I love your mini-donk and if I weren't all the way across the country I would so kidnap him!

Anyone have an idea what shipping times might be to the midwest? I ordered a few little things (halters and leads, etc) and am anxiously awaiting their arrival. (Stuck in the house recovering from surgery, so this is comparatively high excitment!)

FWIW, we already have some Horze products in the barn. Halters, leads, saddle pads, bell boots. All have been decent quality/durability, and some items have held up extremely well. I don't know exact names/models because they belong to other boarders, but I was sufficiently impressed to take advantage of the coupon code and order a few items.

Stay away from my Odie . He's about to get tons of attentions because Rory man is off to training for 30 or 60 days, depending on his uptake. And I SOOOOO think some baby blue boots (to match his bestie's that I want to get...) would be smashing!
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

I didn't see any bait and switch going on, in fact, because I hemmed and hawed over my order I saw some of the more popular colors go from in stock to out of stock so I suspect that's the problem.

I also don't think that buying the more expensive higher end breeches due to champagne tastes is their problem!

I didn't see anything only available in an off color, in fact I was highly upset that I snoozed and lost when the purple checked breeches sold out!

If you take notice this link will take you to a pair that are priced at 57.50. An "off color" as far as competing goes

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Grand-Pri...&cgid=Breeches

While any other color are priced at 119.00

Sure, it does state "from 59.50" but, one color option in one size... well, seems a little baited and switched but that is my opinion.

I never said it was their problem. In fact, I thought I had covered my bases when I stated " It was still a fantastic deal". Which I still believe.

I don’t find it to be a bait and switch.

With the CODE all items are 50% off, EXCLUDING already marked down items (so if it is already 50% off – nope, you can’t use the code and buy it at 75% off). Seams reasonable to me.

Some colors are 50% off WITHOUT the code. On the thumbnails with prices listed it clearly says 50%*, followed by “* This item has multiple price variations.”

I have been happy with my Horze purchases. I bought some cheap stuff on their first sale, which was 50% off with FREE shipping no matter what the order size. I got a halter, spurs and a brush for less than $15.00

Got it working, nevermind... Light blue tendon boots in shetland size are ordered!
    Last edited by TheJenners; Sep. 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAlter View Post
    Agreed deltawave- I was eyeing some breeches but the pair I wanted were 50% off 119.00 NOT 50% off the 58.00. It still a fantastic deal but I dont need anymore "off color" breeches, which were the only ones that were 58.00.

I got baited by the advertised price but it switched when I choose the color(s) that I wanted !

Enter the code and they're all 50% off, including the non off color breeches. You were only looking at their regular sales, not the code sale. You don't get to enter the code until the checkout, but once you hit "apply" it will show up on any other item you look at.

Did I miss a code somewhere? I'm willing to speculate $58 on some new tan/creme show breeches, but not $119.
    Click here before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    Did I miss a code somewhere? I'm willing to speculate $58 on some new tan/creme show breeches, but not $119.
    GREAT1 and AWESOME2. But like other posters have stated, you're not going to get 50% off of something that's already 50% off.

Thank you -- that's OK, I'm not expecting a 75% discount but am willing to take a flyer for 50% off on breeches. The older I get, the less I find that my rear end conforms to normal standards (the size I wear hasn't changed in 15 years but dang, the proportions just are different, LOL) so normally I like to try before I buy WRT breeches. But for a deal I'll wing it once.

ETA, anyone see the $700 sheepskin riding boots?

http://www.horze.com/B-Vertigo-WIN-L...d=New-BVertigo
    Click here before you buy.

No I certainly did NOT see those!

I have answered my own question regarding shipping times to the Midwest - everything just arrived! (So, other Midwesterners - 4 business days from order to arrival! VERY impressed!)

Out of the box, the Pro-Tec boots, Edinburgh halter, and no-turn bell boots look good. Nice heavy materials and construction seems good. Can't wait to get them to the barn!

As a hopeless, obsessive color coordinator, I am delighted that I was able to get everything in navy, and super impressed with the range of color choices. Way fun!

does anyone have experience with any of their denim breeches? Sizing? comfort? Seams that would be rough on the saddle?

Placed an order yesterday morning and everything arrived today! DH already has a pair of their breeches and wanted a second, loves the fit and the first pair has held up well so far, so I got those. I also got a new stock tie, the set of 4 open front tendon boots for show jumping and 4 a/p saddle pads... all for $130! Color me impressed. The saddle pads are just as good quality/workmanship as any other basic quilted pad I've had, and a great price at $10 a piece. The tendon boots look like they're probably manufactured by the same people that make the Roma brand ones- but for the logo (and the different color I ordered) they are identical. If so, they should hold up well.

ETA: I used the code GREAT1 at checkout with no trouble.
    If it were easy, everybody would do it.

Equi-Sport Services

Still waiting for my order I even stalked the UPS man today.

I do live in the middle of nowhere in MS where the closest event is 6 hours away...

I got a pair of Vertigo breeches, regular full seats, and denim full seats. Will let you know what they are like! Hopefully they are the right size

OP, how did you find the sizing on the breeches? What other brands do you normally wear, to compare?

My review-I bought a pair of Grand Prix knee patch breeches in black.
    They have good points and bad points. Glad they were 1/2 off.
    I would call them a mid-rise on me (but I am short, have a short rise). The knee patch is self-fabric, not suede, which I don't think was stated in the ad. I wish I had gotten a size smaller than I usually wear because they are roomy and also stretch a bit with wear-legs are kind of loose all the way down. They are also very long compared to other breeches. I am actually thinking about trying to shrink them on purpose. I have washed them once with air dry and they wash excellently; I doubt if they will fade at all. The polyamide blend material is kind of weird and I don't have anything else like it but it is wicking. They had free shipping when I ordered but it charged me online; when I called them they immediately refunded the shipping.

IdonotneedmoresaddlepadsI donotneedmoresaddlepads or halters.