The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by acking01 View Post
    Can anyone who ordered the Venice bridle in full size measure the browband for me? I have a draft/paint cross with a wide forehead. Not big enough for OS tack, but needs at least a 16.5" browband. Hoping this bridle will work for him as I think the wider noseband will be quite flattering on his big head!

Thanks!
    Yes...It will fit! My goodness, the browband is VERY generous. I would say 17" is a fair estimate-- I can measure it for you later.

Here is my album with photos: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...71320123817601

Pictures are the:

-Venice Bridle
    -Garda Halter
    -Avalance Rain Rug

Forgive the less than flattering photos

Venice Bridle While the leather is soft, it needs some serious conditioning-- the straps do NOT want to go in or out of any of the keepers. Also need holes punched in the noseband (crank) strap & flash. So weird, see it's on the second to last hole on the noseband hanger & bit hanger, so let's say adequate in LENGTH, but then way too big AROUND -- the noseband, flash, & the browband actually droops on her. This was the FULL size, and I have had O/S Bobby's and Lexington bridles for her. Her normal bridle has been a full size Courbette, but the browband is a bit longer than a typical full. This is admittedly my first experience with a monocrown. I knew this may be too bulky for her, as she has an Arab-y (but not short) face, but it's still odd. If you are wanting to buy this bridle and have a horse with an average sized head that isn't LONG, I would probably get a cob size, honestly. This is a 16.1H Dutch mare, for reference.

Garda Halter Seems nice enough. Worth the $12 but would not have paid $24 for it. I'm using it while I clean my leather halter. It is also pretty large like the bridle: adjusted the chin to the smallest hole. If there's a larger size available, don't order it unless you have a true draft.

Avalanche Rain Rug I like this a lot I think it is mfg by the same folks who make Eous' blankets? The cut is nice, plenty of drop, and the color is fantastic! It is less blue than the photo shows (taken at sundown), and the inner lining is the magenta with "Horze" stamped lightly everywhere. Ordered the 81" and it seems to fit true to size. Don't size down like with WB! The rear corner may look a little "tight" in the photo-- The elastic leg straps came adjusted to the shortest length, & I did not take the time to loosen them. We're still a few months from needing blankets here

Just got my new box.

Venice bridle - gorgeous and soft. Easily better quality then the Plymouth line. The buckles don't seem like the best quality in the world but for this price that's OK. Can't wait to try it on my boy.

Grand Prix breeches - disappointed. This was the one thing I actually needed! They are much higher rise then I prefer, and they are too big (got the 28 which is what I always wear in every other brand).

Knob spurs - cheap metal but look fine and come with nylon straps. Should be fine for schooling which is what I got them for (and the price was right).

Chooze saddle pads - I already had the red one which I love, so I got the purple and the green. AWESOME!!! Sturdy, gorgeous and well made. Love, love love these pads, and at half price it works out to $14/pad!

Nummah sheepskin shaped pad - looks very nice. I will have to try it on my saddle and see if it fits. It has the sheepskin on the spine and shoulder area, then is just quilted under the flap area for close contact. It also has holes in the spine area which I like, should help keep the back cool and ventilated.

Technical socks - awesome socks w/ coolmax for $5 and great color!

Tendon boot set - got the grey - very nice boots. Love them, better then Roma, comparable to much more expensive brands.

Soft leather half chaps - I think these were $30-ish. They are really soft, true to their name. They look adorable and have strong elastic on the back by the zipper and a cute snap at the top. They are a little on the thin side - I don't think they will last forever, but my expensive Treadsteps don't last more then 2-3 years before needing to be replaced either. I haven't ridden in them yet, but they look like they will be very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonD View Post

Avalanche Rain Rug I like this a lot I think it is mfg by the same folks who make Eous' blankets? The cut is nice, plenty of drop, and the color is fantastic! It is less blue than the photo shows (taken at sundown), and the inner lining is the magenta with "Horze" stamped lightly everywhere. Ordered the 81" and it seems to fit true to size. Don't size down like with WB! The rear corner may look a little "tight" in the photo-- The elastic leg straps came adjusted to the shortest length, & I did not take the time to loosen them. We're still a few months from needing blankets here
    I have this one in the same size, same colour on order for my 16.3 OTTB - he really gets shoulder rubs, so am hoping that the positioning of the darts will alleviate that. Also like the high neck - I have a Centaur rainsheet with it for another gelding, and I really like that.
    Anybody get the Aston halter? There was no pic, so I bought it on blind trust!
    Dee
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

Dee, this mare's actual turnout blanket is a Centaur, size 80 I believe, and I LOVE it. It fits her great as well. Just to give you an idea on size/fit

Meadow, did your Venice bridle come crinkled from packaging? I'm hoping the "wave" in the browband will straighten out. And, having never handled a Plymouth bridle but having been *this close* to purchasing one as a backup bridle, I'm relieved to know that the Horze bridle seems to be better quality!

I'm sitting at the table with my Venice bridle, saddle soap, and lederbalsam ready to go. I will report back as to how it does post-conditioning!

Just got my package last week! Sooo happy with my orders!

Grand Prix Women's Breeches
    http://www.horze.com/Horze-Grand-Pri...rix%20breeches
    These are the most comfortable light weight breathable full seat breeches I have ever ridden in. Great for the hot humid days of riding in the summer. Minimal sweating for a full seat breech, and their shape holds up with no sagging. I would like a pair for every day of the week, especially because it comes in so many color choices!

Madame Bridle
    http://www.horze.com/Horze-Madame-Br...=Bridles-parts
    Although I have only had it for a week, I can only say good things about it. It came well packaged and in good condition, ready to ride in. My horse seems perfectly happy in it. It is a beautiful bridle (I have had several compliments) with very nice leather and stitching on the brow and nosebands, well, padded, and of course you can't beat the price, True to size as well. The fancy stitch on the noseband and browband is neatly done. The padding is soft and well made. The leather is AMAZING quality for the price! The buckles are very easy to do/undo, and the leather comes pre-oiled and already feels broken in! I would recommend this to EVERYONE, you can buy this bridle just for schooling, but they're so nice you can show in them too! I am amazed.

Luxury Leather Gloves
    http://www.horze.com/Horze-Luxury-le...ce-low-to-high
    I love these gloves! I usually don't like riding with gloves as I don't like the loss of feeling, but these gloves are ultra sensitive (while still being durable) and are as close to riding without gloves as you can get. This is my first pair of leather gloves and I was concerned that I wouldn't like them, I was wrong - I love them!

Coolmax Long Socks
    http://www.horze.com/B-Vertigo-Coolm...ce-low-to-high
    These are the riding socks I have been looking for! Thin (but not flimsy) and so comfy--these breathe really well in hot weather and provide the cushioning of your achilles that all the other socks lack. They stay really dry and don't make me sweat or stick to me like other socks. I will not ride in any other sock now that I've found these!

I'm happy to say that I've always found great buys at Horze!

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonD View Post
    Dee, this mare's actual turnout blanket is a Centaur, size 80 I believe, and I LOVE it. It fits her great as well. Just to give you an idea on size/fit

Meadow, did your Venice bridle come crinkled from packaging? I'm hoping the "wave" in the browband will straighten out. And, having never handled a Plymouth bridle but having been *this close* to purchasing one as a backup bridle, I'm relieved to know that the Horze bridle seems to be better quality!

I'm sitting at the table with my Venice bridle, saddle soap, and lederbalsam ready to go. I will report back as to how it does post-conditioning!
    The bridle is a little wavy, not too bad. I haven't ridden in it yet. My boy sweats like a pig and it's still real humid here so I figure after a few rides it will mold to his head. If not I might try to find something else to mold it to after conditioning. It's already VERY soft, so that's probably why it crinkled up a bit.

I'm loving my dressage test learner board

http://www.horze.com/Dressage-Test-L...rena-equipment

Also got a blaze orange reflective breast plate thingie (not on website any more). I think it was around $4.50 on sale. I can't figure out how to get the strap that goes between the legs to stay in place when adjusted, but other than that it is great for hunting season! I just use a safety pin on it.
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Can someone tell me if the Avalanche rain rugs are thin like turnout sheets? Or do they have fill? What is the lining like?

50% coupon is no longer valid BTW. But, they are having a 20% off Columbus day sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow36 View Post
    Can someone tell me if the Avalanche rain rugs are thin like turnout sheets? Or do they have fill? What is the lining like?
    Yes, they are turnout sheets. The lining is shiny polyester. Any of the blankets that have fill say so in the description, in the standard "300gram"/etc format.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow36 View Post
    50% coupon is no longer valid BTW. But, they are having a 20% off Columbus day sale.
    I just used it yesterday and it worked fine

The awesome2 code is still working, just used it today.

Hmm.... it's not working for me! When I try to check out it says the code is not valid at this time.

I think if you've used the code before, you cannot use it again. I know the GREAT1 code was one time use.

I used great1 three times, I just put in a different email address each time. Might work with awesome2 as well, I've only used that code once so far.

I just used awesome2, it still seems to be working :-)

I recently ordered a pair of the Grand Prix Full Seat DuraCheck Breeches with a 40% off code and I really like them alot. I'd consider them mid-rise and they do run a bit big, so if you're between sizes, go down one. Also, like others have said, they are quite long - I'm 5'4" with fairly average leg length for my height and they reach to just below my ankle bone. They are super comfortable though, very stretchy and easy to move in. They hold their shape well and the wide waistband is nice.

I was at Dressage at Devon this year where they had some of their stuff for sale, including the B Vertigo line. What I saw was really quite nice, I almost bought a B Vertigo vest (glad I didn't since it's cheaper on the website!) and wouldn't hesitate to purchase more clothes from them.

I'm interested in trying their sheets/blankets, but my horse is pretty rough on his clothes, so we'll see.

I'm obsessed with IKEA, so this website may just be the death of my wallet.

The bridle I returned arrived by the 1st of October and I'm still waiting for a refund so heads up that refunding takes a little while.

Well now you all have done it! I have been bridle shopping for the last little while and thought I had decided, until I saw this post! After reading every review and agonizing over the site I decided on:

Horze ProTec Boots, Set of 4
    Horze Girth with Elastic
    Horze Rein Stoppers
    Horze Venice Bridle
    Horze Mexican Bridle
    Horze Venice Combined Martingale
    Horze Intertwined Leather/Rubber Reins x 2

I'll post my reviews when it all comes. For $200 I feel like I got a great deal if everything is as high quality as it seems. Fingers crossed!

ETA - I used the code awesome2 and got all my stuff for 50% off today!
    Last edited by FolsomBlues; Oct. 10, 2012 at 05:08 PM.

just ordered the fleece rain sheet and a saddle pad. Its my test Horze purchase, but will come back and review when they arrive! Such a super deal (I used the 40% off, of course I felt I didn't need anything when stuff was 50% off...)!

Oh, and in case people don't want to search around, even though it expired yesterday, the LUCKY-YOU code for 40% still worked for me today.