The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Hahaha atta girl!!

FWIW, I taste test too. "Flavored" Jollyballs are not.
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

Default Review of Horse Boots, Rain Sheet

Got the 4 pkg of brown boots for horses- (guess the 4 pack was the tip off, LOL)
    http://www.horze.com/Horze-ProTec-Bo...=horse%20boots
    They are very nice, fit my horse and look to be well made.

Also ordered the rain sheet:
    http://www.horze.com/Horze-Price-Z-R...q=rain%20sheet
    Liked it as well, looks sturdy, fit correctly, a really good deal with the coupon!
    This place is gonna give Smart-pak a run for their money...esspecially with these 50% off coupons!
    Last edited by RSEventer; Sep. 23, 2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: pasted wrong link in

Can anyone who ordered the Venice bridle in full size measure the browband for me? I have a draft/paint cross with a wide forehead. Not big enough for OS tack, but needs at least a 16.5" browband. Hoping this bridle will work for him as I think the wider noseband will be quite flattering on his big head!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kdow View Post
    Does anyone have more than one type of the Horze breeches? I am super-tempted by them at 50% off (even the more expensive ones) because I don't show or anything to be worth $$$ breeches except maybe as an indulgence once in a while, but I don't want to just go for the cheapest and have them not wear well/ride well, either.

So I'm wondering if the Active line is adequate, or if it's worth spending a bit more on one of the other types.

(We will ignore how tempting some of the plaid/checked ones are just because Pretty.)
    http://www.horze.com/B-Vertigo-VICTO...t=1&q=victoria
    I own their Victoria Breeches THEY ARE AMAZING! THey are very stretchy. They don't feel confining. I have a hard time finding breeches that don't feel like they are falling of my butt and these fit like they are supposed to.
    The full seat is very comfortable and I have enjoyed riding in them. They are also very stylish and I full admit to sporting them outside the horse side of things with some fur lined wellies from Goode Rider I'm going to order the fleece lined versions they have as well. I think they are called the Betzy. With that 50% off It's crazy not to stock up now.

Wanted to add:: that I also ordered the
    http://www.horze.com/Horze-Grooming-...mpetition-wear I really like it very large holds a ton of stuff. VERY CUTE

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Chooze-Al...gid=Saddlepads Great saddle pad only one that I have been able to find that completely fits under my half sheepskin pad. Love the colors too.

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Head-Number-Tag/29030,en_US,pd.html?dwvar_29030_color=BL%2fWH&star t=14&cgid=Competition-wear
    Came in handy in the rain the other day

Yay! My package finally came today so here's my review. I'm on the West coast and shipping took a week to get here. A little faster than Smartpak but still a little slow. Oh and it was a bit embarrassing that the whole box was covered in tape that says "whores" all over it

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Grand-Pri...&cgid=Breeches
    Like someone else said....I didn't realize the knee patches were fabric but it doesn't bother me. The breeches are really nice. I love the fabric and they look really flattering on. I didn't know what the rise was...none of the breeches say in the description. The rise on these sit just below my navel so I would call them mid-rise on me. I am very short waisted and only wear low rise anymore but these seem great! They are super comfy on. They are really long in the length. I'm 5'6" and usually wear long in my breeches but these go all the way to my feet and makes the knees baggy. I'm going to take them tomorrow and see if I can get them hemmed for cheap. I usually wear a 30L but right now these have been...ahem...a little tight lately. So I ordered the 30 and they fit really well.

http://www.horze.com/Horze-ProTec-Bo...id=Boots-wraps
    These look really well made and are very nice looking. I got the black. They don't seem to be made of plastic that is as hard as the Eskadrons (which have lasted forever) so I'll have to see how they hold up.

I got several pair of socks and they are both really really nice. I am a sock whore so these really excited me They are very well made and looks like they will last quite a bit longer than my Target socks!

I bought the boot shapers also and they look better made than all the other ones that just fall apart so easily....we'll see!

I'm really impressed and will place another order before the sale is over!
    ~Run and Jump!~

Quote Originally Posted by acking01 View Post
    Can anyone who ordered the Venice bridle in full size measure the browband for me? I have a draft/paint cross with a wide forehead. Not big enough for OS tack, but needs at least a 16.5" browband. Hoping this bridle will work for him as I think the wider noseband will be quite flattering on his big head!

Thanks!
    I just placed an order for the Venice in full and will let you know! My mare is the same, needs a long-enough browband but not necessarily a completely OS bridle. 16.5" might be quite a stretch for a full bridle though

I also ordered the Avalanche Rain Rug in the same purple as the OP and am curious to see how the sizing runs. These look just like the Eous cuts and styles though, so I'm sure it's similar.

To round out my order was the Garda halter in the magenta color for $12 and the Phoebe rubber boots for $11 (in white-- couldn't bring myself to buy the red!!!). Hope the nylon is nicer on the Garda halter than the Edinburg

Thank you for starting this post-- it's been very helpful! Or detrimental, at least to my wallet!

You all are KILLLING Me! Oh why did BOTH cars have to break down last week?

Humph - and those rain sheets are so cute - but instead I am going to spend next weekend with a needle and thread, some liquid stitch, and waterproofing spray to get gear ready for winter.

I really need some breeches to! Killing me! Please promise me they WILL have another 50% off sale, preferably in the spring

I thankfully placed my order just before my motorcycle broke down....

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    I thankfully placed my order just before my motorcycle broke down....

Well I felt quite accomplished after hubby and I successfully installed a new CV joint in my car this weekend (although it did involve a heavy amount of cursing). Saved lots of $$ doing it ourselves – but I still can’t justify buying any of this OMG Super Cute and SO Cheap stuff!

Dang it!

Hope the bike isn’t anything major!

I ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday, so will report back with a review

I just got a "thank you for registering" email from them, and at the bottom of the email it says "You are also entered in a monthly drawing where the winner gets to choose their favorite horse related charity which will receive $500 donated in your name!". How cool is that?!?! Not only 50% off EVERYTHING, but on top of it they donate $500 each month to a horse charity? I like this company!

Quote Originally Posted by acking01 View Post

Thanks!
    For what it's worth, I got the daily bridle in full size which seems to be very similar to the Venice bridle. The browband is HUGE! (not like omg this is wayy too big huge, but definitely looks more like an OS size browband). If the Venice bridle browband is anything like the daily, you'll definitely be okay in that department. On that note, I'm very impressed with the daily bridle- I'd definitely recommend it. I was debating between the Venice and the Daily but chose the Daily b/c the noseband wasn't quite as massive. It's still quite wide though, but looks very nice. For $34, I'm happy with my purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post

Well I felt quite accomplished after hubby and I successfully installed a new CV joint in my car this weekend (although it did involve a heavy amount of cursing). Saved lots of $$ doing it ourselves – but I still can’t justify buying any of this OMG Super Cute and SO Cheap stuff!

Dang it!

Hope the bike isn’t anything major!
    We tried to do it ourselves, DH spent the better part of two days a. learning about mc engines, and b. taking mine apart twice. No idea, maybe carburetor, but he at least got it running enough that I could limp it to a shop (died at every light and stop sign, with much backfiring, felt super classy ).

I did get an email that one of the the products I ordered, their "Pharmacare" leather cleaner/conditioner, was out of stock. The email came on Monday, I placed my order Wednesday (a week ago), and I really hope my package shows up soon...

I just ordered the rain sheet!

Got my breeches and a pair of winter boots yesterday. The breeches are quite nice and the fit is just about perfect. Glad I took a chance for $55. I don't know that they are worth $100+ but I would certainly buy another pair if they came up at half off again. The winter boots are nice, too--we'll see how they hold up! Shipping was pretty darn speedy (I think I ordered Monday?) and I will provisionally put Horze on my list of places to shop. I am pretty patient most of the time and will wait for big sales and free shipping, so if they make a habit of that they'll enjoy my patronage.
    Click here before you buy.

I ordered Monday or Tuesday and got them today. I had to walk across campus with a box taped up with Horze print tape. I got quite a few looks and more questions from a few passing friends. Anyways!

I got back to my room and was super impressed with everything.

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Grand-Pri...t=2&q=breeches

The Grand prix breeches in the French Blue. Look great, material seems to be hardy and will last a while, feel good on and they are flattering. A bit large, but I will deal. Only complaint, but I think was mentioned before was the fact that the knee patches are the same fabric of the breech. No problem for me, but to some it may be.

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Silvia-De...=12&q=breeches

So freaking cute! The Silvia in the dark denim are my first pair of jean breeches and I love them. The fit is nice, flattering, and good sturdy material. They are also long enough!! It is an amazing thing.

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Stock-Tie...,en_US,pd.html

The stock tie was a replacement for mine that is getting a bit grungy. I did not read the description for pre tied, but I am ok with that. This will be a further backup. For $7 the material is silky, pretty, and comfortable. I like it a lot.

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Head-Numb...rt=5&q=numbers

Great as I hate having to switch over the paper number or make one from an old number. For about $2.50 I never have to fiddle with paper numbers on my halter again.

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Silver-Cr...q=saddle%20pad

This saddle pad is nice! Got it for a show dressage pad on my grey. He will look stunning in this and I cannot wait to use it. Very nice pad!
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

For those with the rain sheets, are they like turnout sheets with no fill? Do they breathe?

Question Let's talk RETURNS

Finally got my order exactly 1 week after placing it (so well within their time frame, but I was expecting the UPS truck way sooner )
    Breeches were way too big, so I am exchanging them and also returning 1 pair. It is asking me for my BANK information, account number and signature...
    I paid via Paypal and would expect a refund on that account. I am quite a bit leery about giving them all my banking information. Anyone has experience with returns/refunds?

Well, when one of my items was back ordered (see above email), I replied and said that was okay, can't wait for the rest of the items, and when should I expect my refund? Went into Paypal the very next day... Which was how I pair.

Hmmm, I emailed them, asked for a return label and they sent it. I put the return sheet in but I didn't put down any banking information.

Got my breeches and my bit today. Their chain/waterford bit looks to be well made, I'll see how my guy likes it tomorrow. The breeches fit well, look great, and seem to be of quality...they're just LONG! They bunch around my ankles long. Keeping in mind that I usually have to buy a long in other breeches. Since everything else fits so well, I'll just do some creative hemming to fix the problem.