The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TB experts

I am looking at this horse. What do you think of the pedigree? Not specifically for eventing. http://www.pedigreequery.com/quiet+link

Real Quiet was a lovely horse...nothing else on the pedigree jumps out...and a nice horse is a nice horse who ever the parents...

Quote Originally Posted by judybigredpony View Post
    Real Quiet was a lovely horse...nothing else on the pedigree jumps out...and a nice horse is a nice horse who ever the parents...
    Fappiano
    Hoist the Flag
    In Reality
    Nijinski

should make a nice dressage horse too!
    Viney will come and give you the real scoop!
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Linkage was a lovely local (Va) stallion that sired some great local horses. I think that many went on to steeplechase.
    Linkage was actually auctioned and fell on hard times, and someone from COTH got him.

Quiet American is a great horse and we've had great success with them as sport horses.
    Real Quiet was I nick named "the fish" because of his narrow build. I also am remembering that he underwent periosteal stripping as a youngster.

OK Thanks folks. Horse is very underweight. Seems very quiet and 'good egg' type but his current condition made me wonder. I am happy to PM photos if anyone wants to offer an opinion for me. He is 'narrow' between the front legs.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Imsodear is on the page, and that jumps out. 3nd dam of Giants Causeway. Dearly Precious was her best racing daughter--a champion--, but not a good producer of top quality racers. That often happens with race mares.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I like the pedigree very much.

From the top: The only line to Mr P is Fappiano, which is certainly a quality line. The second line to Raise a Native is Meadow Blue, a full sister to the great Majestic Prince and champion Crowned Prince. I love Hoist the Flag, and Preciously Dear is beautifully bred, being by Nijinsky and out of 2YO champion filly Dearly Precious. And there's Sweeping Beauty, who always brings a smile to my face. She is the dam of my favorite-named TB, Zamboni, sired by Icecapade.

5 starts as a 2 yr old in a span of 6 weeks.

Followed by a 3.5 month break before 8 starts as a 3 yr old over a span of 6 months.

And then he was done.....

Look hard at the legs.

~Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Thanks. Doesn't seem to be too much trouble with the legs by eyeball. And to be totally truthful, I have had horses that vetted 100% and were miserable/worthless. And horses that had big issues in a sale vetting but got sold anyway because of temperament, good looks, etc. At this date, I am soured on the 'vetting' concept. But check back with me in a few years, I might change my mind again!!

Anyhoo, the beast is in the field and he will be getting a lot of sandwiches. Which is the primary issue at this point. I will try to remember to give an update in a few months.

Thanks. Doesn't seem to be too much trouble with the legs by eyeball. And to be totally truthful, I have had horses that vetted 100% and were miserable/worthless. And horses that had big issues in a sale vetting but got sold anyway because of temperament, good looks, etc. At this date, I am soured on the 'vetting' concept. But check back with me in a few years, I might change my mind again!!

Anyhoo, the beast is in the field and he will be getting a lot of sandwiches. Which is the primary issue at this point. I will try to remember to give an update in a few months.

We need PHOTOS!

I am willing to PM photos, but the critter is a little too poorly looking to be flaunted in public, me thinks. Will PM if you swear on your favorite stuffed toy horse to keep private.

I agree not to disseminate or distribute said photos. I've seen TBs in poor condition before, so this guy will probably not shock me. I'd just love to see his general conformation and his expression. I'm delighted that you got him!

Lamb Chop I emailed you at the address listed on your COTH info page.

Thanks, Isabeau! I responded with one suggestion for you.